Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/data-statistics

Scroll down to the section heading: Annual Firearms Manufacturers And Export Report. Within is a table with dates from 2007-2018(Interim)

Colt of West Hartford, CT in 2015 produced (79,565 complete rifles), in 2016 (117,263 complete rifles), and in 2017(13,942 complete rifles 6,320 Lowers).

No matter what anyone says, that big of a down turn in production means workers are getting furloughed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post

Scroll down to the section heading: Annual Firearms Manufacturers And Export Report. Within is a table with dates from 2007-2018(Interim)

Colt of West Hartford, CT in 2015 produced (79,565 complete rifles), in 2016 (117,263 complete rifles), and in 2017(13,942 complete rifles 6,320 Lowers).

No matter what anyone says, that big of a down turn in production means workers are getting furloughed.
    I imagine that those numbers matter to Colt a whole lot more than total NICS checks during the same periods...

Feedback Score
    I watched Chris Bartocci’s video on this. I really like that guy and have learned a lot from him. In the past he always was critical but fair to Colt. This last video really did smack of sour grapes....including the title.

There were times when I wasn’t sure if he understood this was started by a leaked email response to a distributor. He also allowed his guest local gun shop owner to get away with some less than honest commentary. “People only want Colt for the name” (some do but not all) “Most AR manufacturers make better rifles at substantially lower prices” (not really) “Colt is selling rifles at $1100”. I haven’t seen a Colt 6920 at $1100 since 2011ish ....until now. Most are at $800-900 which is the same or lower than rifles made with equivalent specs.

It would have been nice if he mentioned the manufacturing stats listed above.

He also brushed over the CCU and only mentioned it tangentially...but continued that Colt hasn’t innovated in decades and all there new stuff is retro releases and Magpul editions of the same rifle. He is pretty much right there. He wonders how they will survive after these contracts. I do to.

As many have said, they need to get out if CT to a free labor state and start working on modernizing their rifles. Also a polymer 9mm would be a good choice.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree with much of the above. I think I stated earlier that the market doesn’t need another polymer 9 mm striker fired handgun but colt sure does.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

I saw a link to this info on another forum and was hoping old boy up a few pages was going to at least try to find it. But no, he’d rather just say “common sense” and “NICS”.

Figure profit off a single AR for Colt on the civilian side is what? $200? Business is business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    I watched Chris Bartocci’s video on this. I really like that guy and have learned a lot from him. In the past he always was critical but fair to Colt. This last video really did smack of sour grapes....including the title.

There were times when I wasn’t sure if he understood this was started by a leaked email response to a distributor. He also allowed his guest local gun shop owner to get away with some less than honest commentary. “People only want Colt for the name” (some do but not all) “Most AR manufacturers make better rifles at substantially lower prices” (not really) “Colt is selling rifles at $1100”. I haven’t seen a Colt 6920 at $1100 since 2011ish ....until now. Most are at $800-900 which is the same or lower than rifles made with equivalent specs.

It would have been nice if he mentioned the manufacturing stats listed above.

He also brushed over the CCU and only mentioned it tangentially...but continued that Colt hasn’t innovated in decades and all there new stuff is retro releases and Magpul editions of the same rifle. He is pretty much right there. He wonders how they will survive after these contracts. I do to.

As many have said, they need to get out if CT to a free labor state and start working on modernizing their rifles. Also a polymer 9mm would be a good choice.
    Obviously a single reason for preference doesn't hold true for 100% of the people, but for that shop/that town the wanting Colt for name only may be spot on for most of their customers. It is still not unusual here to see decades old Colt pistols and rifles that haven't been fired outside of the factory.

While the depressed market is an understandable factor, the choice of wording Colt has chosen on this combined with their history should raise an eyebrow.

Feedback Score

Here is Chris’ explanation as to why he was fir.....”laid off”.

I watched the video. If you can’t see the bias and vitriol against the company which fired him, you’re blind. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy. I’m not saying he isn’t knowledgeable. I am saying he is bitter and cannot look at things objectively.

Anybody that bashed Colt as being “anti-2A” and owns a Ruger product should probably throw themselves in front of a Kennedy’s car.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post

I watched the video. If you can’t see the bias and vitriol against the company which fired him, you’re blind. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy. I’m not saying he isn’t knowledgeable. I am saying he is bitter and cannot look at things objectively.

Anybody that bashed Colt as being “anti-2A” and owns a Ruger product should probably throw themselves in front of a Kennedy’s car.

I agree 100%. He came across as a bitter ex employee full of sour grapes and I normally like his videos.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This dude is a classic example of "Never Meet your Heroes".

He idolized Colt for what he thought they should be, then learned that they are like any other company / entity --> Full of real people and $%^&ed up things.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post

Worked at places where I have seen similar things happen so it is plausible. I didn't have it happen to me, but my description of day to day operations at the place I saw it happen most could not be referred to as positive. Just because the facts aren't positive doesn't mean the person is biased or vitriolic.

Yes Bill Ruger was anti 2nd Amendment going way back. I honestly think if he could have got a big enough .gov contract that he would have stopped manufacturing for private citizens. Like many other issues, "A" being bad does not equal "B" being good.

Once again, Colt has done it before and their statement on their history is wholly the opposite of actions they took.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 09-23-19 at 09:05.

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast