G&R Tactical
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
Results 381 to 390 of 390

Thread: Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

  1. #381
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Liberty, MO
    Posts
    831
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/data-statistics

    Scroll down to the section heading: Annual Firearms Manufacturers And Export Report. Within is a table with dates from 2007-2018(Interim)

    Colt of West Hartford, CT in 2015 produced (79,565 complete rifles), in 2016 (117,263 complete rifles), and in 2017(13,942 complete rifles 6,320 Lowers).

    No matter what anyone says, that big of a down turn in production means workers are getting furloughed.

  2. #382
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    414
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/data-statistics

    Scroll down to the section heading: Annual Firearms Manufacturers And Export Report. Within is a table with dates from 2007-2018(Interim)

    Colt of West Hartford, CT in 2015 produced (79,565 complete rifles), in 2016 (117,263 complete rifles), and in 2017(13,942 complete rifles 6,320 Lowers).

    No matter what anyone says, that big of a down turn in production means workers are getting furloughed.
    I imagine that those numbers matter to Colt a whole lot more than total NICS checks during the same periods...

  3. #383
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    S.E. PA
    Posts
    1,592
    Feedback Score
    0
    I watched Chris Bartocci’s video on this. I really like that guy and have learned a lot from him. In the past he always was critical but fair to Colt. This last video really did smack of sour grapes....including the title.

    There were times when I wasn’t sure if he understood this was started by a leaked email response to a distributor. He also allowed his guest local gun shop owner to get away with some less than honest commentary. “People only want Colt for the name” (some do but not all) “Most AR manufacturers make better rifles at substantially lower prices” (not really) “Colt is selling rifles at $1100”. I haven’t seen a Colt 6920 at $1100 since 2011ish ....until now. Most are at $800-900 which is the same or lower than rifles made with equivalent specs.

    It would have been nice if he mentioned the manufacturing stats listed above.

    He also brushed over the CCU and only mentioned it tangentially...but continued that Colt hasn’t innovated in decades and all there new stuff is retro releases and Magpul editions of the same rifle. He is pretty much right there. He wonders how they will survive after these contracts. I do to.

    As many have said, they need to get out if CT to a free labor state and start working on modernizing their rifles. Also a polymer 9mm would be a good choice.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

  4. #384
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    414
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree with much of the above. I think I stated earlier that the market doesn’t need another polymer 9 mm striker fired handgun but colt sure does.

  5. #385
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    307
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/data-statistics

    Scroll down to the section heading: Annual Firearms Manufacturers And Export Report. Within is a table with dates from 2007-2018(Interim)

    Colt of West Hartford, CT in 2015 produced (79,565 complete rifles), in 2016 (117,263 complete rifles), and in 2017(13,942 complete rifles 6,320 Lowers).

    No matter what anyone says, that big of a down turn in production means workers are getting furloughed.

    Ding ding ding we have a winner!

    I saw a link to this info on another forum and was hoping old boy up a few pages was going to at least try to find it. But no, he’d rather just say “common sense” and “NICS”.

    Figure profit off a single AR for Colt on the civilian side is what? $200? Business is business.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #386
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,482
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    I watched Chris Bartocci’s video on this. I really like that guy and have learned a lot from him. In the past he always was critical but fair to Colt. This last video really did smack of sour grapes....including the title.

    There were times when I wasn’t sure if he understood this was started by a leaked email response to a distributor. He also allowed his guest local gun shop owner to get away with some less than honest commentary. “People only want Colt for the name” (some do but not all) “Most AR manufacturers make better rifles at substantially lower prices” (not really) “Colt is selling rifles at $1100”. I haven’t seen a Colt 6920 at $1100 since 2011ish ....until now. Most are at $800-900 which is the same or lower than rifles made with equivalent specs.

    It would have been nice if he mentioned the manufacturing stats listed above.

    He also brushed over the CCU and only mentioned it tangentially...but continued that Colt hasn’t innovated in decades and all there new stuff is retro releases and Magpul editions of the same rifle. He is pretty much right there. He wonders how they will survive after these contracts. I do to.

    As many have said, they need to get out if CT to a free labor state and start working on modernizing their rifles. Also a polymer 9mm would be a good choice.
    Obviously a single reason for preference doesn't hold true for 100% of the people, but for that shop/that town the wanting Colt for name only may be spot on for most of their customers. It is still not unusual here to see decades old Colt pistols and rifles that haven't been fired outside of the factory.

    While the depressed market is an understandable factor, the choice of wording Colt has chosen on this combined with their history should raise an eyebrow.

  7. #387
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    307
    Feedback Score
    0


    Here is Chris’ explanation as to why he was fir.....”laid off”.

    I watched the video. If you can’t see the bias and vitriol against the company which fired him, you’re blind. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy. I’m not saying he isn’t knowledgeable. I am saying he is bitter and cannot look at things objectively.

    Anybody that bashed Colt as being “anti-2A” and owns a Ruger product should probably throw themselves in front of a Kennedy’s car.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #388
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    35
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Here is Chris’ explanation as to why he was fir.....”laid off”.

    I watched the video. If you can’t see the bias and vitriol against the company which fired him, you’re blind. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy. I’m not saying he isn’t knowledgeable. I am saying he is bitter and cannot look at things objectively.

    Anybody that bashed Colt as being “anti-2A” and owns a Ruger product should probably throw themselves in front of a Kennedy’s car.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I agree 100%. He came across as a bitter ex employee full of sour grapes and I normally like his videos.

  9. #389
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,087
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This dude is a classic example of "Never Meet your Heroes".

    He idolized Colt for what he thought they should be, then learned that they are like any other company / entity --> Full of real people and $%^&ed up things.
    - Rhino

  10. #390
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,482
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post


    Here is Chris’ explanation as to why he was fir.....”laid off”.

    I watched the video. If you can’t see the bias and vitriol against the company which fired him, you’re blind. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy. I’m not saying he isn’t knowledgeable. I am saying he is bitter and cannot look at things objectively.

    Anybody that bashed Colt as being “anti-2A” and owns a Ruger product should probably throw themselves in front of a Kennedy’s car.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes Bill Ruger was anti 2nd Amendment going way back. I honestly think if he could have got a big enough .gov contract that he would have stopped manufacturing for private citizens. Like many other issues, "A" being bad does not equal "B" being good.

    Once again, Colt has done it before and their statement on their history is wholly the opposite of actions they took.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •