Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    They had to make a public comment because the RSR rep started telling people they were done making civi rifles. If he wouldnt have started all of this (along with TTAG making it worse) no one would know or be saying a thing

They probably felt they had to say something at this point
    It was a pretty terrible statement at that.

Saturated market going into 2020 political year?

Yea no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 09-20-19 at 14:48.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Saturated, or as been mentioned as being more likely, “saturated to where unionized companies with large pensions in a northeastern state can’t compete.”
    Saturated as in companies are shipping complete AR kits less stripped lower for $319. And lowers can be had for $25.

Huge oversupply in the AR-15 market.

My read is colt is just playing the supply and demand game. In six months the street price for a 6920 will be 1200-1500 bucks. Maybe more depending on what the elections looking like.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Saturated as in companies are shipping complete AR kits less stripped lower for $319. And lowers can be had for $25.

My read is colt is just playing the supply and demand game. In six months the street price for a 6920 will be 1200-1500 bucks. Maybe more depending on what the elections looking like.

Your probably right, I just bought another new one today for $850.00 brand new in box.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post

The catch being those deals are trash poor brands but .

I get your point though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 Nov 2018 Army contract.
    ARMY

Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC, West Hartford, Connecticut, was awarded an $88,607,109 modification (P00008) to contract W15QKN-15-D-0102 for M4 and M4A1 carbines. Work will be performed in West Hartford, Connecticut, with an estimated completion date of Sept. 25, 2020. Fiscal 2019 and 2020 operations and maintenance, Army funds in the amount of $88,607,109 were obligated at the time of the award. U.S. Army Contracting Command, New Jersey, is the contracting activity.

Announced by the US Department of Defense for 19 September, 2019.

Colt’s Manufacturing Co. LLC, West Hartford, Connecticut, was awarded a $41,924,594 firm-fixed-price Foreign Military Sales (Afghanistan, Bahrain, Djibouti, Federated States of Micronesia, Hungary, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Palau, St. Vincent and Grenadines, and Tunisia) contract for production for the M4 and M4A1 carbines. One bid was solicited with one bid received. Work locations and funding will be determined with each order, with an estimated completion date of Sept. 18, 2024. U.S. Army Contracting Command, New Jersey, is the contracting activity (W15QKN-19-D-0116).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I don't know the hows and why he was let go from Colt, but the guy definitely knows his shit.
    Well said, dude knows his stuff, trashing him and making stupid accusations is wrong. He loves the Colt AR, he despises the management incompetence that has destroyed a once mighty empire of American firearm manufacturing. The fact that COLT is nowhere in the running for the next small arm speaks volumes.

Colt ARs are great. Colt as a company, stinks.
    Last edited by FredWyneken; 09-20-19 at 18:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just releasing their Ambi lower that they have had for nearly a decade and updating their monolithic guns which are already available in Canada would go a long way.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Just releasing their Ambi lower that they have had for nearly a decade and updating their monolithic guns which are already available in Canada would go a long way.
    They won’t.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    Articles on Yahoo News, Washington Post (online), VICE, etc. and even Beto O'Rourke using this news of Colt stopping production to take a jab at the NRA after they called him the "AR-15 Salesman of the Month (Possibly even the year)".

Colt sold out, that's how it is and will be framed.
    Really? You dont say? Imagine that.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    This.

Colt already has the products in inventory which would simplify their catalog and streamline sales. All rifles are shipped with ambi lowers. Only rifles are 6920, 6960, SOCOM 14.5, and their 6933. Really, their current Rifles page is pretty lean. Use Magpul and Centurion for furniture, and use ambi lowers on everything.

The early release Trooper was basically the best deal in AR-15s that I've ever seen. If that, a magpul edition, and a SOCOM were the only rifles they offered, they'd do just fine.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast