Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Last Friday I was in my local shop picking-up a nice used 2012 made Socom 6920. While I was there, they mentioned Colt was to suspend civilian sells (again) of AR's to fulfill some other contract. I was back in the shop today to verify that info. I guess the owner was told this by one of his distributors (Sports South, LLC). Someone else posted the same info on the other site.
    Anyone else here about this?

****Update***

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/co...retail-market/

UPDATE: TTAG was able to speak directly with Paul Spitale, Senior Vice President of Colt’s commercial business line. He confirmed the above. Colt has halted production of its commercial long guns lines and is focusing its manufacturing and sales on 1911s and revolvers.

He also stressed that Colt has about 110 days of long gun inventory in its distribution network and if market conditions change down the road, they could revisit this decision.
    Last edited by Dump1567; 09-12-19 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That would be surprising to me. The way Colt is sucking wind, maybe they got a huge Hong Kong deal or some shit.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-21-19 at 18:28.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Interesting. Curious to find out if this is true or not.

In the meantime, I hope any new contract guns have perfect rollmarks and the bolt carrier has a C mark on it to prove the gun is really a Colt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    NOPE !

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That would be the dumbest business decision ever. Colts will be hot property as election jitters flare up.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought the last 2 Colt LE6920s the local 3 Academy Sports near me had about 3 months ago and they told me they wouldn't be getting anymore Colts, they even had them on clearance for $749.00 lol. Might be something to it. One of the 2 had a Feb 2017 date on the plastic bag and had a LE suffix to the serial #, like they had had it for a while. The other a CR#. They have gotten no more Colts since.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That would be the dumbest business decision ever. Colts will be hot property as election jitters flare up.
    No idea if true, but it would not be out of line with how they have historically operated.

Feedback Score
    The only article I can find on this is dated 16 March 1989.

So, maybe your local shop is just a few years behind the times.

Feedback Score
    Gun store counter banter about Colts is probably the least reliable info out there. You probably have a better chance of finding "Bat Boy' than you do finding true info on Colt.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score

Cool

Nothing (zero, zilch) on Colt's Facebook or web page about this. Thread on TOS says info about this (suspending to do military orders) is from a "reliable source" for what that is worth.
    I will, however, call Chicken Little to see what he knows.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast