Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    It's that wonderful spirit of brotherly love and gentle correction that make this such a great place.
    Except that he was wrong and wanted to be mouthy. Commercial sales really do and have keep Colt going. Especially handguns. They make 1911s which are obtainable even in the most draconian of states. Colt has had a lot of ups and downs what with being UAW and all. They've filed for bankruptcy and were trying to move down South which simply hasn't happened yet. But they aren't going to forego foreign sales to people with money that they agreed to sell to and only have so much production ability.

This isnt unusual. And Colt has done this before, they just didnt bring attention to it.

The Retro rifles arent made by Colt and are thus unaffected. They are Colt approved and warrantied of course.

This is like HK blaming. If you want an HK 243, you can blame the US govt and the German govt but not HK. They WANT to sell you guns but have laws in effect to prevent that.

"Gun people" are so oversensitive.

Even if the president of Colt signed, sealed, and delivered a direct letter saying "No guns for you" I'd just shrug.

Because I actually have a life and dont care about rollmarks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    **Update***

UPDATE: TTAG was able to speak directly with Paul Spitale, Senior Vice President of Colt’s commercial business line. He confirmed the above. Colt has halted production of its commercial long guns lines and is focusing its manufacturing and sales on 1911s and revolvers.

He also stressed that Colt has about 110 days of long gun inventory in its distribution network and if market conditions change down the road, they could revisit this decision.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Other than The Truth About Guns, what other sites recklessly ran with this?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Nah, we don’t do “French” in Texas. We kicked them out a long time ago. I think they roosted in Louisiana and we were pretty ok with that.
    Yeah but you Texans were plenty affraid of them Mexxxxicans back in the day...

Feedback Score
    Some things never change...

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yeah but you Texans were plenty affraid of them Mexxxxicans back in the day...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Colt and Remington doomed to die.

Feedback Score
    It's happening. Already seeing the $2500+ "rare" new production Colt's and $500 lowers. It's not even been a day.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 09-12-19 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
    Other than The Truth About Guns, what other sites recklessly ran with this?
    Who knows, they may have inside info. But I've seen TTAG quote bogus stuff in the past. More than once.

Enough that I don't consider them a source, more of a breathless gossipmonger.

That said, I could see Colt doing this. Would not be the dumbest decision they made.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "Revisit the decision" doesn't exactly sound like the initial claim was wholly incorrect.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I found a link to a 1989 article that says so.

COLT STOPS PUBLIC SALE OF RIFLE - The Washington Post
    [Search domain http://www.washingtonpost.com/archiv...c818ab14097b/] https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-c818ab14097b/
    Mar 16, 1989 · COLT STOPS PUBLIC SALE OF RIFLE. By Jay Mathews , Columnist March 16, 1989 Colt Industries, in an unprecedented action for a major U.S. weapons manufacturer, suspended sales to the public yesterday of its popular AR15 semiautomatic rifle, the civilian version of the military's standard M16. Mike Dunn, a spokesman for the company's Connecticut-based...

ETA: I just looked at Truth About Guns website; didn't see anything about Colt there.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 09-12-19 at 12:57.

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast