Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quick qoofle-fu shows the sport versions of the AR-15 were advertised and reviewed in gun rags in 1963. About the same time as the AF adoption and predating army full adoption.

You know, if Colt started building crap ARs. Or actively banned and promoted a decision to not sell the civvies, I would be the first to write them off.

Don't want to buy the benchmark, the gold standard, the reference rifle? Then don't.

All this stuff reminds me of my buddy who rattles on about how his Miata is the MG or Triumph that they could never build.

But when it's all said and done it's still just going to be on Mazda copy of the original. Then again, he swears by Kimber, and laughs about people over paying for prancing ponies on a ARs and 1911's. (When he paid more for his look alikes than what he would have for an actual Colt)

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    New or old news? This is from November 2018. Was the decision to stop selling civilian rifles made then or now.

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Con...ticle/1686733/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Since when has substance trumped sizzle with the "two second attention span" public? You know the truth, I know the truth. None of that matters in terms of Yahoo and Facebook Headlines. That's how the game is played...nobody READS anything anymore. I'm telling you, that mocked up "headline" I put up is all that they need to run with...you know it's true.
    So maybe your passion currently focused on bad-mouthing Colt should be redirected to correcting significantly fake news?

It took me 7.7 seconds of research to prove both of those articles false. And only that long because I'm typing on my tablet sitting in the bathtub.

The second article really cannot be proven or disproven because they're putting words in their dead father's mouth.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Quick qoofle-fu shows the sport versions of the AR-15 were advertised and reviewed in gun rags in 1963. About the same time as the AF adoption and predating army full adoption.

You know, if Colt started building crap ARs. Or actively banned and promoted a decision to not sell the civvies, I would be the first to write them off.

Don't want to buy the benchmark, the gold standard, the reference rifle? Then don't.

All this stuff reminds me of my buddy who rattles on about how his Miata is the MG or Triumph that they could never build.

But when it's all said and done it's still just going to be on Mazda copy of the original. Then again, he swears by Kimber, and laughs about people over paying for prancing ponies on a ARs and 1911's. (When he paid more for his look alikes than what he would have for an actual Colt)
    Colt of 1963 wasn't the Colt of 1990, or 2000, or 2019. Company philosophies- and MANAGEMENT DIRECTION change- and have changed.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    New or old news? This is from November 2018. Was the decision to stop selling civilian rifles made then or now.

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Con...ticle/1686733/
    It seems the decision was made fairly recently. I would really like to see something from Colt but doubt they will issue anything formal, that would be stupid. If you know much about RSR though, they are a fairly large player in the distribution chain. If they were spreading BS, they would get called out on it in pretty short order I suspect- with consequences.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    So maybe your passion currently focused on bad-mouthing Colt should be redirected to correcting significantly fake news?

It took me 7.7 seconds of research to prove both of those articles false. And only that long because I'm typing on my tablet sitting in the bathtub.

The second article really cannot be proven or disproven because they're putting words in their dead father's mouth.
    Do I look like a little Dutch Boy sticking his fingers in a dike? Good luck with that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I have NO idea what they are doing. I do know they haven't been doing anything special for years other than riding on their reputation with little regard for anything else. Putting a prancing horse rollmark on a firearm doesn't make it anything more than a firearm with a prancing horse rollmark on it. The diehards would buy a turd with a horse rollmark on it. It's special... It's a Colt turd.
    What is a turd that Colt is making???? Come on I’d like to hear what Colt is making that is so shitty? You are Fake News

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I have NO idea what they are doing. I do know they haven't been doing anything special for years other than riding on their reputation with little regard for anything else. Putting a prancing horse rollmark on a firearm doesn't make it anything more than a firearm with a prancing horse rollmark on it. The diehards would buy a turd with a horse rollmark on it. It's special... It's a Colt turd.
    This is arfcom prevailing opinion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    First off, I have so many Colt lowers omigod

Second, I am smugly confident I will always have access to 6920s

Third, if somehow I couldn't; Tranny LMTs all the live long day.

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast