Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
    So you will continue to support a company who throws your rights under a bus?

You probably buy from cheaper than dirt also?
    I had a response typed out, but I've never been down to explain myself to another man, especially one on the internet.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I give absolutely zero damns about Colt’s philosophy when it comes to selling rifles to consumers.

I don’t like Ruger, but it’s because their firearms are shitty. Yeah, their namesake was a douche but I also own Larue products.

There are two entirely separate conversations going on here.

Colt’s business practices vs Colt’s M4 Carbine Quality

*EVERYONE* agrees the former *SUCKS*.

For the time being it has not affected the latter however, so I couldn’t care less.
    Thanks for typing a reasonable post. The rest of you.......SMFH.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My local news has caught wind of this, finally. Man they are slow!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
    It is not a personal issue. I feel we should side with those who side with us.

Those who side against us deserve neither our money or our loyalty.

When Spikes raised their prices after Sandy Hook there was a lot of anger here, even to the point of people saying not to buy Spikes. However, when Colt pulls a stunt people overlook it.
    Not sure what the stunt is that Colt pulled. It just sounds like they shifted production to le/military contracts for a while. They may have been a bit slow on the explanation, but some companies just dont do comms very well.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    1. Get the hell out of Damnyankeestan. Offer relocation assistance for employees.
    2. No more union shop--instead make shares a part of the compensation package so every employee is a part owner, and run things more like Toyota/Nissan/etc's auto plants in the South where everybody has a voice.
    Reopen in a 2A friendly state and replace the union package with a form of ESOP?

It's so crazy, it could work.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Yes and Yes, as for me and my house

I shop at Walmart if needed, as well as Target, too. I use PayPal. I think alcohol is one of the worst things to ever occur within the world, but I also shop at the local gas station when I need fuel to get to work, despite it and every other local gas station selling alcohol. The world isn’t perfect. Boycotts don’t work. But, I understand if you want to make a personal issue out of it. But not everyone cares what you do.
    You’re going to NEED alcohol to hang around this play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    Gun store counter banter about Colts is probably the least reliable info out there. You probably have a better chance of finding "Bat Boy' than you do finding true info on Colt.
    (couldn't resist)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Reopen in a 2A friendly state and replace the union package with a form of ESOP?

It's so crazy, it could work.
    Have to wonder if, like in local bidding wars for a major contract, a portion of the labor involved has to be union?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    Have to wonder if, like in local bidding wars for a major contract, a portion of the labor involved has to be union?
    I don't think the government gives a hootie darn about unionized work to be honest. They want what's cheap, what fits the specifications they send out and, most importantly, what gets to them (relatively) on time in the quantities they request.

If a company is in danger of being penalized because they can't meet demand that was set in a contract, I can see why they would shut down a sector of sales in order to meet a deadline. I'm not blaming Colt in the least for this. I have this feeling they'll be back on the market before the 2020 Election Craze and making absurd profits like every manufacturer will.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I have this feeling they'll be back on the market before the 2020 Election Craze and making absurd profits like every manufacturer will.
    I have a feeling this is the reality.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast