Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Silver Eagle Group, Opening weekend Dec. 6th!

Feedback Score
    I was looking forward to attending training at SEG's facility. I would rather stay home and do nothing than put political contribution money into the hands of people who want to do away with my rights.

On the other hand, instead of staying home, I will just go and train with their competitors. I plan on doing a lot of training in 2009.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am curious to see if I get a response to my email that I sent. I am even more curious to see if they actually come back here.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I am curious to see if I get a response to my email that I sent. I am even more curious to see if they actually come back here.
    Oh they are here, online alright. Do they have the sack stuffing to postup a response? Doubtful. Just another bunch of Zumbos and Coopers.
    Last edited by El Mac; 12-19-08 at 08:22.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I just received this via PM:

Dear sir,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are present, and we are watching. We will respond with a measured and intelligent post, instead of mud slinging and propaganda.

Thank you for your continued patience

Jason Lee
    Merchandise Manager
    Silver Eagle Group Northern Virginia LLC
    44620 Guilford Drive
    Ashburn, VA 20147
    LeeJ@SilverEagle-Group.com
    Personally, I hope they have an explaination that would shed some light on what appears to otherwise be an unbelievable and unfortunate situation. I'm standing down until I hear more.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm not doing business with people who give money to antigunners, liberals, and jackasses like Gerry Connolly who want to make IT workers unionize. It's VA Arms and the NRA Range for me.
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 12-19-08 at 09:09.

ToddG Guest
    Also keep in mind that many employees of SEG are probably as surprised and upset about these allegations as the rest of us. How many of us actually do a thorough search of our bosses' political donation history?

Feedback Score

SEG & 2nd Amnd'

It has been brought to the attention of this community that the president of Silver Eagle Group has made contributions to various political campaigns. Though I doubt this forum “Training Course Announcements & AAR’s” is the appropriate venue for this discussion, we understand that our community has concerns regarding these issues.

With regard to an individual’s right to keep and bear arms, we at SEG have been bolstered and energized by the decision handed down by the Supreme Court of the United States, (DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. V. HELLER) which has been accepted by the shooting community as a historic and monumental ruling. We agree with Courts majority decision that, “… the Second Amendment, like the First and Fourth Amendments, codified a pre-existing right.” And further agree that “… preserving the militia was [not] the only reason Americans valued the ancient right; most undoubtedly thought it even more important for self-defense and hunting.”

The decision exists outside of any political affiliation, Democrat, Republican or Independent. As to the “loyalties” of the board members at Silver Eagle Group:

-Dario Marquez is a retired Secret Service Agent who served under both Democratic and Republican Presidents.

-Steven Marquez is former Army s/f and a decorated war veteran.

-Scott Marquez, president of Silver Eagle Group, has donated to both Democratic and Republican candidates.

A simple Google search for “Second Amendment Democrats” will reveal scores of organizations that are “liberal-leaning” and pro-gun.

We have built our facility to the highest standards of safety, cleanliness and access. We have structured our range usage prices and membership levels to accommodate all levels of shooters. We continue to improve and streamline our facility to make the experience even better.

But if it is the opinion of the shooting community, that we built $22 million privately funded facility to single handedly acquire every firearm manufactured after November 5th for easy forfeiture to the government when guns become illegal, and that our 30 heated and air-conditioned lanes are closed to shooters and we use them for other means; than it is your right to choose with your wallet and not experience what our facility has to offer.

We hope that any future questions can be resolved without any mudslinging or name calling and invite anyone who is curious to come visit our facility.

Sincerely,

Silver Eagle Group
    Jason Lee
    Merchandise Manager
    Silver Eagle Group Northern Virginia LLC
    44620 Guilford Drive
    Ashburn, VA 20147
    LeeJ@SilverEagle-Group.com

Feedback Score
    So you support the SCOTUS decision, yet support KNOWN anti-gun candidates like Hillary Clinton, and then expect us to change our minds? Just because your staff has been there and done that...sorry, but a sell out is a sellout, and when you support gun grabbers you are selling out the 2A regardless of what SCOTUS said.

Its silly to spend 22 mill on gun facilities then support gun grabbers...hope the one box of ammo a year deer hunters can keep you afloat once the EBR crowd is done w/ you!
    Last edited by Saginaw79; 12-19-08 at 09:38.
    Second Amendment Absolutist!

"Speed costs money, How fast do you want to go?"
    -seen on a speed shop in Michigan

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverEagle View Post
    A simple Google search for “Second Amendment Democrats” will reveal scores of organizations that are “liberal-leaning” and pro-gun.
    As a matter of pure fact, Barrack Obama, Gerry Connolly and Hillary Clinton would not be returned in that google search.
    Last edited by SHIVAN; 12-19-08 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I received a PM in regards to my email and the post here. I asked for permission to post it here and then realized that it was the same response that was posted. I have replied back and if I get a response I will post it here. Just a little clarification is in order.

I do not care who someone votes for or their political affiliations to a point. But, when someone donates money to a candidate such as Barack Obama or Joe Biden who have a proven record of violating the rights of legal gun owners by legislation then I draw the line. I do not understand how anyone who believes in the 2nd Amendment can support those who have written laws, introduced or written legislation that takes away our rights as gun owners rather than addressing the problem which are the criminals who commit the crimes. I understand that companies and organizations donate money to certain political groups and candidates in order to "hedge their bets" but it doesn't mean that I have to like it or support them.

My problem here also isn't with them being Democrats or belonging to the Democratic party. My problem is that their current foundation does not represent me, my beliefs or anything else and to be quite frank the Republicans don't do it for me much either at this point. But, I had to make a choice and the choices offered to me led me to believe that the Republican ticket was more in line with my beliefs.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast