Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bulgarian Steel AR Mags

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    One rumor is that these are leftovers from a Ukrainian contract.
    Mike with Clearview told me that if he could remember correctly, he was told that they were an Israeli contract overrun. I can’t find any proof that ISD, or any Bulgarian company, supplied Israel, but Ukraine receive arms from Bulgaria and this picture of a Ukrainian soldier just happens to be the only image of one in the wild that I’ve been able to find. With Mike being in the surplus business for so long, he may have gotten it mixed up.

Feedback Score
    I finally got around to re-uploading the YouTube video once I was able to create a separate account from my personal account (my pregnant wife and 21 month old keeps me fairly busy lol). Here it is. This doesn't conclude longevity by any means, but it at least gives an idea of the durability and reliability. I'm not a camera person, so forgive the monotone delivery lol

Feedback Score
    Do these insert and eject well in an S&W M&P 15 Sport 2, also? Thank you in advance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You lost me entirely at barfcom.

Per these magazines: lol but why though?

I have a couple SA80 mags that smoke these no doubt and yet are my crappiest mags I got at a gun show c. 2001

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeydo View Post

If you dump that monstrous follower for a Magpul, can you fit another round or two in the mag?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Magpul followers won’t fit, I tried.
    The follower is unique to the mag. I’ve cut down AK followers in 10s & 20s to add capacity but I doubt there’s anything to be gained in a 30.
    Mine work great with both 5.56 and .300bo.

Feedback Score
    Eastern European steel mags do seem to be a bit overbuilt. Probably not a bad thing?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You lost me entirely at barfcom.

Per these magazines: lol but why though?

I have a couple SA80 mags that smoke these no doubt and yet are my crappiest mags I got at a gun show c. 2001
    I too have those Brit steel mags that are still going. Steel AR mags are way too heavy when you start adding multiple mags for a load out. We nearly never use any 30s anymore due to mostly prone shooting.

That said, they look pretty good and seem to run.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    If you dump that monstrous follower for a Magpul, can you fit another round or two in the mag?
    The follower is the same length as the anti-tilt legs on a Magpul follower, so you're not going to gain anything. The spring compresses and stacks up inside of the Bulgarian follower "sleeve," so it's not sacrificing anything.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I too have those Brit steel mags that are still going. Steel AR mags are way too heavy when you start adding multiple mags for a load out. We nearly never use any 30s anymore due to mostly prone shooting.

That said, they look pretty good and seem to run.
    This. Steel mags don’t do anything USGI mags don’t do except weigh more.

I’m kinda on the pmag life though. I have ETS and Lancers as mess arounds and a few Israeli pmags and steels (Mako and E lander) I got just to have.

Unless these are crazy cheap or you just wanna be a Slavaboo; I wouldn’t go out of my way

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast