Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Arming the Cartels: The Inside Story of a Texas Gun-Smuggling Ring

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just like the gangsters and bank robbers in the 30s, criminals usually prefer to steal their weapons, often from military or police armories/stations. Or buy stolen weapons at a big discount. If you are in business of murdering, kidnapping, smuggling and drugs then why would you bother with guns bought legally with a paper trail at retail? There may be a tiny fraction actual acquired through straw purchases, but I wager the vast majority are stolen from armories, PDs, individuals, or smuggled from other countries from where they were stolen or sold under the table.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Arming the Cartels: The Inside Story of a Texas Gun-Smuggling Ring

I have to lol at the entirety of the American gen pop who thinks anything we do CONUS is going to make an impact on the Narco Cartels getting weapons.

They run multimillion dollar empires and have transnational contacts all across the globe.

They’re going to get weapons.

Any politician or public official who says otherwise is a flat out liar.

As for guns going south of the border sure it happens. Out bound inspections are weak or non existent at most POEs. We’re playing both sides of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 09-19-19 at 18:15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why can we invade Iraq but not Mexico?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mexico doesn’t have any or enough oil?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

I see what you are saying but if oil was the reason for Iraq why is it not cheaper?

They have stolen a lot of our money though and the world is sort of overpopulated and come on they’ve been asking if not begging for a Number 6 to be run on them since the Alamo.

Put me in President and the deserts and barrios will be scaped by rows of crucified dead.

40 years of darkness.

40 years of darkness......

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Because we can’t even invade a third world country and plunder it for its resources competently?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Because we can’t even invade a third world country and plunder it for its resources competently?

I blame hippies.

These other places don’t mind plundering. Russia straight up Deebo’d Crimea.

What is really stopping us? Let’s do it man. Let’s do the whole village!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I see what you are saying but if oil was the reason for Iraq why is it not cheaper?
    Maybe it is cheaper?

"A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes." -Smedley Butler

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have to lol at the entirety of the American gen pop who thinks anything we do CONUS is going to make an impact on the Narco Cartels getting weapons.

They run multimillion dollar empires and have transnational contacts all across the globe.

They’re going to get weapons.

Any politician or public official who says otherwise is a flat out liar.

As for guns going south of the border sure it happens. Out bound inspections are weak or non existent at most POEs. We’re playing both sides of this.

Yeah, they will get guns. I think it's just a matter of convenience in getting them from the United States through the very porous border. I'd guess the odds of getting caught are higher if you're trying to smuggle them in by boat.
    IIRC the majority of the guns going south are handguns, but it's not like you need a mechanical engineer to turn semi-auto rifles into full auto once they're across the border, either.

They have a shit-ton of oil, but it's so poorly managed by PEMEX that you almost never hear about it. Their state-run oil company is about as competent as Venezuela's.

Feedback Score
    /\ Thank you.
    (1) The US has repeatedly invaded Mexico. Depending on the definition, a half dozen times. Guess what never improves Mexico? Anything.
    (2) Mexico has plenty of oil. Big issue in the last administration and last election. Low oil prices globally likely contributed to the economic importance of the drug cartels over the last decade. Historically, Gringos built the Mexican railroads and oil industry; those industries peaked the day before they were nationalized.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast