Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Arming the Cartels: The Inside Story of a Texas Gun-Smuggling Ring

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I see what you are saying but if oil was the reason for Iraq why is it not cheaper?

They have stolen a lot of our money though and the world is sort of overpopulated and come on they’ve been asking if not begging for a Number 6 to be run on them since the Alamo.

Put me in President and the deserts and barrios will be scaped by rows of crucified dead.

40 years of darkness.

40 years of darkness......
    Because it’s not oil for “us”, it’s for the corporate petro-oligarchs.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Because it’s not oil for “us”, it’s for the corporate petro-oligarchs.
    I just want 97 cents a gallon again.....
    But yeah

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    But yeah
    Yep. I remember filling up in north Georgia off I95 in 2001 and paying 99 cents per gallon.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    But yeah
    What, you don’t like us being enforcers for the oil CARTEL?! So that they can set world oil production and collude on price fixing? So they can fund and spread Wahhabism around the globe to stir up jihadists? What’s not to like with $3/gal gas??
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Mexico is in chaos because it benefits the US government for Mexico to be in chaos.

And Mexico has been in chaos pretty much continuously since Santa Anna lost Texas.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Mexico is in chaos because it benefits the US government for Mexico to be in chaos
    How so ?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    How so ?
    There are two countries that share borders with the US.

Only one has launched raids against the US and only one has the US launched raids into them in the last two hundred years. Only one who has lost a significant portion of their territory to the US. Only one that was never a British colony and where the primary spoken language isn't English. Only one that has the population and resources that, if left to their own devices, could actually threaten the US with a ground invasion.

There's a very good reason why, when they weren't fighting internal conflicts against aborigines or slave-holding insurrectionists, the US Army spent most of its time prior to 1941 patrolling the international borders of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California.

Mexico is to the US as Ukraine is to Russia, fascist Italy to Nazi Germany: A soft underbelly.

Mexico has never and will never love the United States - there's too much bad blood. So you get a corrupt government that's US-friendly that rules over a country in chaos because the people of that country will never accept it's legitimacy, or you get a government that's antithetical to the US that rules over a country in chaos because the US is happy to support that government's enemies militarily.

ETA: It wasn't hundreds of American citizens dying that got the US into World War One, is was the threat of a potential (not even an actual, but a potential) alliance between Germany and Mexico in the event the US declared war against Germany.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 09-22-19 at 18:42.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For Fox, the ending was anticlimactic. “I was never really arrested,” he says. “They just asked me to show up one day and get fingerprinted. I knew I was in deep shit then.” In July 2018, he pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the United States, based on his structuring of money orders. He was not convicted on any gun charges, but the facts of the minigun scheme weighed heavily against him in court. He was hoping to get probation, but the judge told him he didn’t deserve leniency because he had been a police officer and should have known better. Though he likes to gripe about Obama, Fox doesn’t blame his fate on liberals or gun control. “I did it,” he says. “I told everybody I did it. It was illegal. I get it.” In January 2019, he was sentenced to three years at the minimum-security penitentiary in Beaumont, but has not yet started serving time on account of complications from a recent foot surgery.
    Yes, you were arrested, charged, arraigned and convicted (plea).

Incredibly, both Fox and Garwood got to keep their federal firearms licenses.
    Not believable in the slightest. 3 year sentence makes him a prohibited person, not only does he not have an FFL, he cannot possess a gun.

Both are still listed by the U.S. attorney general’s office as gun dealers in good standing. This may be because of a loophole buried in the applicable statute, obviously the handiwork of the gun lobby. Pursuant to Section 923(f)(4) of Chapter 18 of the United States Code, if a gun dealer is charged with a crime, ATF is “absolutely barred” from revoking his license if he is acquitted.
    He was NOT acquitted. He pled guilty.

Jeez. #FakeNews at it again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345