Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Really Made Your AR 15?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    And when it comes to forging, what evidence is there that there is a significant difference in that from one forge to the next?
    Thanks. You worded it better than I did, before I deleted the post. I've never read or heard of any, zilch, nada, info regarding any quality differences between different forgings.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Thanks. You worded it better than I did, before I deleted the post. I've never read or heard of any, zilch, nada, info regarding any quality differences between different forgings.
    Wait, you mean there isn't a forging company that has a big sign that says 'We make shiitty forgings for Anderson and PSA' just like the spring companies, and the bolt carrier companies? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    And when it comes to forging, what evidence is there that there is a significant difference in that from one forge to the next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not 'in the know' about this topic and really wish someone from the industry experience would chime in. From what I know both Colt, BCM, and Aero used multiple brand forgings. Aero primarily used to be Anchor Harvey, with a small percentage of Cerro Forge.

My suspicion is that there is a very little difference, unless

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I'm not 'in the know' about this topic and really wish someone from the industry experience would chime in. From what I know both Colt, BCM, and Aero used multiple brand forgings. Aero primarily used to be Anchor Harvey, with a small percentage of Cerro Forge.

My suspicion is that there is a very little difference, unless
    My suspicion is the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The answer is: "It takes a village ......"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I really haven’t seen that much difference from forgings, but I only have seen two different forging marks go through the line where I work.

Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have you guys never seen bins of rejected receiver forgings? To the untrained eye, plenty of the rejects seem like they would machine fine, and there are certainly companies who are willing to purchase what other companies consider scrap.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Who really cares who forges it?
    There's a great many things to be mindful of before you worry about forgings. Toe nail growth rate comes to mind....
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Have you guys never seen bins of rejected receiver forgings? To the untrained eye, plenty of the rejects seem like they would machine fine, and there are certainly companies who are willing to purchase what other companies consider scrap.
    Is there one forger who has a lot of rejects and sells mostly rejects? Or do all forgers have rejects?

Either way, your notion supports the notion that the forger matters less than the machiner/manufacturer and their quality control, right?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    DELETED POST
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-14-19 at 02:49.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast