Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Really Made Your AR 15?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Probably the least important thing about AR QC is where the receivers were forged.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have it on good authority that Frank the Tank made all of my AR15s.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I have it on good authority that Frank the Tank made all of my AR15s.

I heard it was Mattel......
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I heard it was Mattel......
    What??? Rhino is a pure Hasbro. After all they do make Tonka Trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, it seems to me if you were an aerospace machine shop, and had several machines and folks available to turn loose on machining lowers, your could make some pretty good spec lowers. Oh, wait a minute, that is the background of Aero Precision and several of the other big dogs in the business. Dang, someone stole my idea.

Does anyone know if the upper receivers are produced in the same manner? If so, what shops make them?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Check out the backwards castle nut in the vid, lol.

On a serious note. Like many have said, the final machining of the forging IMO plays a bigger role than who did the forging itself.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Colt.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    You need to define 'made'.

Manufacture, Machine, Assemble?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post

On a serious note. Like many have said, the final machining of the forging IMO plays a bigger role than who did the forging itself.
    Wa-wah! *sad trombone*

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    You need to define 'made'.

Manufacture, Machine, Assemble?
    You mean Brownells didn't purchase a hot die forge? I am shocked, shocked I tell you!

Truth be known, there are companies that contract with one of the many forges to press their roughs. If they don't want to deal with the finish machining they have a second company do their finish machining to the tolerance blueprint they provide. When that company receives the finished product they either A, run it through an inspection process for specific problems in the tolerances as well as visual defects that company does not want associated with their first line product; B, inspect it for tolerance issues while ignoring many visual defects; C, ignores egregious tolerance problems while keeping the best visually appealing units and selling in matched pairs; or D, Ignores all, sells all, and when there is a problem sends out a replacement that may or may not work better.

Feedback Score
    First thing I noticed and dropped down to the comments. Oh look....

"Comments disabled due to high number of people arguing in the comments section."

How novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast