Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More 4D Chess Incoming?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do you ever wonder why they attack the law abiding, the gainfully employed, and the suburban families....

.... and not come up with detailed plans to go door to door, block by block in the ghettos and barrios to shake people down and shove M4s in their faces?

If you do. You are a lost cause.

I know why. The shit on the streets is kept comfortable to keep you covered at both ends.

Whenever people holler about getting “tough on crime” it is code for “cracking down on uppity taxpayers”.

Unconstitutional as it may be, and even tyrannical.....it’d be fun as shit to do that in the hood though. Everything is so nerfed. And pointless.

The beau geste days are truly gone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Beto O'Rourke did more for us the other night than you might believe. Stating the "Hell yes I'am going to take your AK's and AR15's made it very clear that there can be no compromise, because he clearly wants confiscation.
    Any argument forward being only for that purpose simply means from the Conservative side, there can be no more compromises.

You put Beta o’dork And the SF declaration about the NRA and you have all you need for the 2020 campaign. Show all the range Fudds as the face of the NRA the clip of Beta saying ‘he’ll yes we are coming for your guns’.

As to the ‘weapons of war’ the always bring up AR’s, but the armed forces also use semi-auto hand guns, shot guns and every hunting rifle is a direct analog of sniper rifles. Revolvers were issued in the many vets still alive. Where exactly does that MIL line run? I really wish Scalia had said something like belted 249s rather than m16. That would have made all this a lot easier.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You put Beta o’dork And the SF declaration about the NRA and you have all you need for the 2020 campaign. Show all the range Fudds as the face of the NRA the clip of Beta saying ‘he’ll yes we are coming for your guns’.

As to the ‘weapons of war’ the always bring up AR’s, but the armed forces also use semi-auto hand guns, shot guns and every hunting rifle is a direct analog of sniper rifles. Revolvers were issued in the many vets still alive. Where exactly does that MIL line run? I really wish Scalia had said something like belted 249s rather than m16. That would have made all this a lot easier.
    The term "Weapon of War" can be applied to any category of firearm (including the muskets the left likes to pretend are the only thing the 2A protects), bow & arrow, knife, club, even slings and rocks, and bare hands.

Going down that road will lead to the same place those in the UK find themselves, where possessing anything with the intent to use it as a weapon is unlawful (e.g. keeping a baseball bat by your bedside in case of a burglary is a crime), and it's unlawful to sell anything that is intended to be used in self defense if it could possibly be used as an "offensive weapon". This is why pepper spray has been effectively banned in the UK, and they are instead only allowed to have capsaicin-free marking sprays (to help the police ID the criminal after the crime).
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 09-14-19 at 15:00.

Feedback Score
    Even a break open single round shotgun has the same mechanism as a grenade launcher.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There is really no point in pointing out the comparisons of weapons, semi vs machineguns ect, ect.
    They want them registered ( and especially during a GOP administration ) and eventually confiscated.
    We should just quit compromising and consider everything about the 2nd Amendment a life and death struggle,
    because it is.

Feedback Score
    See I think we should all call the fbi and report him as he threatened us swamp them with calls
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Beto O'Rourke did more for us the other night than you might believe. Stating the "Hell yes I'am going to take your AK's and AR15's made it very clear that there can be no compromise, because he clearly wants confiscation.
    Any argument forward being only for that purpose simply means from the Conservative side, there can be no more compromises.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well at least with all this talk about UBCs, etc., they've also decided to start background checks, psych evals and intelligence/knowledge tests for voting, right? ... oh wait....

Feedback Score
    On gun control arguments. It is often made a left talking point that M16s (M4s) are often run and they are ordered to run them in semi-auto mode, so the difference between an M16 and an AR15 is largely inconsequential. It seems to me that is a correct comment that overlooks the reality, but I wanted to confirm that with some actual vets. My understanding was that riflemen often run semiauto because they are supporting the machinegun elements. Is that so? The army also has artillery, air support and tanks- and they are part of a platoon or at least a squad so that they aren't out there by themselves either. Just looking for a little perspective on that statement.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    On gun control arguments. It is often made a left talking point that M16s (M4s) are often run and they are ordered to run them in semi-auto mode, so the difference between an M16 and an AR15 is largely inconsequential. It seems to me that is a correct comment that overlooks the reality, but I wanted to confirm that with some actual vets. My understanding was that riflemen often run semiauto because they are supporting the machinegun elements. Is that so? The army also has artillery, air support and tanks- and they are part of a platoon or at least a squad so that they aren't out there by themselves either. Just looking for a little perspective on that statement.
    In 21 years, other than familiarization, I never had to go full auto, but it was comforting to know I could.
    The whole idea of supporting the machine gun elements has a real basis in fact, but a very big part of it is "You can only carry so much Weight/Ammo" and I can guarantee some, to a lot of that ammo may be for the machine gun. Once your committed, resupply can be "Iffy" at best.
    I don't think I would feel hampered by a semi auto only AR much.

In my opinion Beto tipped their hand, there can be no negotiations forward when one of the guys in your primary debates stand up and say's "Hell yes we are taking your AR 15's and you AK's", that being "their" preferred end result how do you move forward without changing our Constitution rather drastically?
    There are people with whom you cannot negotiate, it's been proven time and again that no matter how you try and meet them half way, you get nothing and lose big pieces of freedoms.
    Last edited by Averageman; 09-16-19 at 10:12.

Feedback Score
    Scalia F'd us with the M16 line. It's an easy argument that the round is the same, the basic op system is the same, so same=same. If only he had had said M249 or 50BMG- his clerks really should be kicked in the nuts for that one. Plus, they have Federal Courts on record that say that ARs can be banned.

I think that if someone wants to lead on this, they have to point out that we have to have SCOTUS figure this out. The left will try to jam as much as they can before that- and Roberts will pull an Obama-care and side with the left and voted on law.

ALSO, the ATF has to declare somewhere that AR15 AND 30 round magazines are in common use. This is critical. If they do that it helps the follow on cases. If it gets challenged in court, it will come up as a single item case, which stresses the absolute fact that they are common, semis have been common.

I'd settle for an EO right now. Back it up later with an ATF finding.

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast