Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mags for AR-9: ASC or Metalform?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mags for AR-9: ASC or Metalform?

I have a Colt Ar6951 9mm carbine incoming. I will use it for home defense.

32 round magazines. Do I get the $32 Metalforms, or the $16 ASC with orange followers?

Anybody with recent real world experience?

Feedback Score
    Factory Colt mags are Metalform and IMHO the best quality.
    I only run metalforms.

Feedback Score
    I have ASC and though I had 8 stoppages towardsthe end of the shooting session, I don't believe they are attributed to magazines. The gun was very dirty and the lube was drying up. My magazine well insert is a cheap plastic promag and this is the breaking in period. I recommend them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    ASC may run or it may not - they seemed to have some manufacturing tolerance issues when I owned 6 of them and some wouldn't lock back my 9MM AR - when the Metalform mags (20/32rd) worked great.

I sold off the ASC and kept the Metalform.

Great thing about 9MM AR mags is they make a decent club if you are outta ammo.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I had some C-Products mags for my AR9 and they ran 99%. I got some Brownells mags as a replacement and they ran 99.5%. I got some Metalforms to replace those and they run 100%.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice. Metalform it will be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The PSA branded 9mm AR mags are manufactured by Metalform with the PSA logo on the base plate (item #504368) . I have several PSA mags and have never had a problem with them. C-Products and the Pro-Mag plastic ones always seemed to have issues. Watch for sales on the PSA ones, when they are actually in stock. I think at one time they were selling for something around $10-12 each if you bought 10 or more.
    Last edited by john armond; 09-17-19 at 13:53.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got 2 Metalform from CDNN, $30 each. The base plates were marked "Metalform 9mm NATO " with the Metalform logo.

I found some more alleged Metalform from another online source, at $26. They appear identical in every way to the CDNN batch, except the base plates are blank.

Did I get counterfeit ones?

Feedback Score
    Probably not.
    My early Metalform and Brownells mags have no markings, but just recently bought a few more Metalform 20s and those had ‘Metalform’ stamped on the base plates. I think that’s new.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    Probably not.
    My early Metalform and Brownells mags have no markings, but just recently bought a few more Metalform 20s and those had ‘Metalform’ stamped on the base plates. I think that’s new.
    I shot one today; see nearby thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast