Thread: Have anyone used a Surefire Fury DFT as a weapon light, on a AR-15?

Feedback Score

Have anyone used a Surefire Fury DFT as a weapon light, on a AR-15?

I can't find anywhere the dimensions, or if it would handle the recoil of the rifle. Could I mount it in a 1" light mount? I would buy the M600DF, but the Fury have better specs, and is cheaper.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Back in the day we would mount surefire 6p or 6p defenders on our m4 carbines. If they could handle it the fury is basically the same thing except more powerful dual fuel. I would advise getting the scout or even a streamlight as they are rated for the weapon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    Back in the day we would mount surefire 6p or 6p defenders on our m4 carbines. If they could handle it the fury is basically the same thing except more powerful dual fuel. I would advise getting the scout or even a streamlight as they are rated for the weapon.
    Yeah, maybe I should get the Streamlight Protac HL-X instead. Thanks for your advice!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iWumboOverlord View Post
    Yeah, maybe I should get the Streamlight Protac HL-X instead. Thanks for your advice!

you can get the hl-x with the cloud defense tape switch mount for the same price as the surefire alone.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I just put one on my work gun, replacing a 500 lumen Fury that had been on there for the past 7 years that was very roughly handled and had thousands of rounds on it with no issues. The DFT fit right into The Arisaka mount I was previously using. The head is a bit bigger and the tail cap is not compatible with the older gen ones.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Has anyone run a Fury DF head on a M600DF body?

I've been wondering if they are cross compatible.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk