Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hilton Yam's first impressions of the STI Staccato P (video)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I am a Glock armorer. I don't know how many 9mm Glocks I have - but I inspected 4 G19s that are in go bags, trucks...in preparation for our "snowmegeddon". There are a bunch of 17s in the safe, a 43 in my coat and several subs that take Glocks mags... Not bragging, just stating how invested I am in these. Having said all that, I am carrying a stacatto P duo with a 508t. I have a c2 and an XC on order. I have 20 mags and counting. Getting me to relegate an entire system to backup and reorient my pistol shooting to a vastly more expensive system says a lot.

My stacatto P is simply the best 9mm duty type pistol I have shot. Soft shooting with 147s - weirdly soft. Accurate (25 round 3 inch group at 15 yards shooting fast and a 2 inch group of a rest with the 508t. They are better than my memory of a Sig210, but can't do a side by side comparison.
    Thanks for sharing this. I have been wanting a 2011 for quite awhile but never really took the dive...this one I think finally changes that. I have several 1911’s and several G19’s, I love the combination of both in a reliable soft shooting gun. This will be on the 2020 list to get for sure. What is holster availability like at this point?

ETA: Just noticed that discontinued the 2019 model....not a fan of the bomar style rear sight...
    Last edited by rushca01; 01-16-20 at 20:46.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    STI had a town hall-type thing with some USMS SOG guys at SHOT...

In USMS SOG's testing, the STI pistols went through 126,000 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty 135-gr +P with zero malfunctions. I don't know how many pistols that was, but that's a lot of boolits.

Also: USMS SOG is apparently going to ramp up the difficulty of their pistol quals, on account of their STIs making their current qual course too easy.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 01-21-20 at 22:35.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

The 1911/2011 On Duty.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well crap. I read all 12 pages and now I want one of the C2 Duos...and maybe a P-Duo.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Man I really, really, really want to like the Staccato P DUO but, with all of the available material that can be removed from the slide and having seen the other options from reputable builders, I'm just lukewarm at best on the mount for the RMR. The photo of the Chambers Nightfighter next to the Staccato is a good example. Yes, I know the cost difference in the two guns but man, there just has to be a better way than the thick plate putting the optic that much higher. Don't get me wrong, I will still buy one or more. It's just a complaint of mine.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I only allow myself to look at this thread about once every two weeks. I’m fkn starving for one of these bad boys. I’m ready to cheat, my pocket isn’t ready to cheat just yet.

I doomed for sure.

PB.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Ditto the thick ass plate/optic perched too high, but it can be overcome with repeated presentations.
    I really didn't think I noticed it at this point, my first shot draws were decent at 1 to 1.2 seconds-7 to 10 yds.

A bud slomo filmed a couple of my runs last week and I could STILL see a micro movement of me dropping the gun down to center the RD with my eye.
    Muscle memory is a bitch; it can work for, or against you.

I’m hoping somebody comes up with a retrofit plate for the STI.

Holosun has come out with a side load (battery) micro RD.
    It seems someone may come up with a shallower base RD that would position the RD screen lower by design.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Hilton Yam's AIWB holsters for 2011s:

- Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Finally found a Gen 1 Staccato P. It arrives next Tuesday, now to find a DUO...

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    The solution to the thick DUO plate is to buy the standard gun and have the RDSM installed. It's cheaper than the DUO anyway.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast