Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Hilton Yam's first impressions of the STI Staccato P (video)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I am a Glock armorer. I don't know how many 9mm Glocks I have - but I inspected 4 G19s that are in go bags, trucks...in preparation for our "snowmegeddon". There are a bunch of 17s in the safe, a 43 in my coat and several subs that take Glocks mags... Not bragging, just stating how invested I am in these. Having said all that, I am carrying a stacatto P duo with a 508t. I have a c2 and an XC on order. I have 20 mags and counting. Getting me to relegate an entire system to backup and reorient my pistol shooting to a vastly more expensive system says a lot.

My stacatto P is simply the best 9mm duty type pistol I have shot. Soft shooting with 147s - weirdly soft. Accurate (25 round 3 inch group at 15 yards shooting fast and a 2 inch group of a rest with the 508t. They are better than my memory of a Sig210, but can't do a side by side comparison.
    Thanks for sharing this. I have been wanting a 2011 for quite awhile but never really took the dive...this one I think finally changes that. I have several 1911’s and several G19’s, I love the combination of both in a reliable soft shooting gun. This will be on the 2020 list to get for sure. What is holster availability like at this point?

ETA: Just noticed that discontinued the 2019 model....not a fan of the bomar style rear sight...
    Last edited by rushca01; 01-16-20 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    STI had a town hall-type thing with some USMS SOG guys at SHOT...

In USMS SOG's testing, the STI pistols went through 126,000 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty 135-gr +P with zero malfunctions. I don't know how many pistols that was, but that's a lot of boolits.

Also: USMS SOG is apparently going to ramp up the difficulty of their pistol quals, on account of their STIs making their current qual course too easy.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 01-21-20 at 23:35.
    " Political tags such as [...], communist, democrat, [...], fascist, liberal, conservative, [...] are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort. "
    - Robert Heinlein -

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112