Quote Originally Posted by 9X19mm View Post
Reports like this are why I do not own one. They look nice, and seem to often shoot nice... but are not 100% rock solid reliable. Which when spending $2000 on a pistol, is a requirement for me. Especially since now that STI has been sold, company name changed to Staccato, new owner is a capital management firm (read: how can we squeeze more profitability from this investment), and an overall cheapening and watering down the product line compared to the older Edge and DVC models. I remember on more than one occasion in competitions, where people would have issues with their STIs. FTE, FTL, probably due to magazine fitment issues, but who knows for sure.

For a good 2011 I'd rather spend a bit more with Wilson, NightHawk, TriArc... buy once, cry once... but get a more reliable, higher quality pistol.

The 10-8 guy works for STI/Staccato now... so take that with some salt.
So on the one hand you talk about how they've sold the company and everything has changed and on the other you talk about the old days?

I don't find talk of teething issues with guns with this level of fitment very seriously. My Springfield Professional (2007 or 2008 production before they switched from Nowlin barrels) would not reliably chamber for the first couple hundred rounds.