Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hilton Yam's first impressions of the STI Staccato P (video)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I still don't believe STI built a reliably functioning pistol. I'd have to see and shoot it myself to be convinced.

If they disclosed that they hired engineers from Toyota, I might entertain the possibility.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Mike Pannone has been appointed STI’s director of LE/Mil R&D and training.
    Fantastic choice
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Some 2020 Staccatos have been popping up on Gunbroker. Looks like the 2020 Staccato Ps are no longer getting DLC’d barrels or the bolt on magwell.

But it also looks like they’re coming with three magazines, one 126mm and two 140mm, all Teflon-coated matte black.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I still don't believe STI built a reliably functioning pistol. I'd have to see and shoot it myself to be convinced.

If they disclosed that they hired engineers from Toyota, I might entertain the possibility.
    You really should get a hold of one. The magazines are the most surprising part. There is finally a 2011 magazine that you don't need to buy ten of to get five working ones.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    We had trouble with 3 of 6 new (8 months old max) Staccato Ps, DVC P and a DVC.
    Extractor “fit” or installation looked to have amounted to; “open bag with extractor, throw it in slide, stick in FPS, done”.
    There had been no radius/polish of bottom edge of claw, no modifying donut, maybe a touch of tensioning.
    Net result was; 3 of the new guns were chokemasters.

Now while it’s a simple fix, it told me STI better take a look at their QC before their rep takes an irreparable beating.
    I adjusted the extractors myself rather than deal with the bullshit AND the down time involved in returning the slides/guns.

It should not have been necessary.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Mike Pannone on Instagram:

the_real_cttsolutions
    @2011_sti Staccato P-
    This is a bone stock gun I bought before I started my current position. Right out of the box, no mods, no oil .... that was the last 21 of 3250 fired, of which 1000 were Wolf and the last 500 were Wolf......ZERO malfunctions !!!!!!
    Link.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Not 2011 specific, but basic Yam does a video on basic care and handling of a 1911 or 2011 pistol:

- Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    The problem with 2011s has always been magazines. They needed tuned. And they were expensive. But the new STI magazines seem to be great.

To all those “what will this do a G17 won’t” crowd, have you fired one? They are much more forgiving to shoot, recoil less, and are much more accurate.

Glock isn’t the solution to every problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I am a Glock armorer. I don't know how many 9mm Glocks I have - but I inspected 4 G19s that are in go bags, trucks...in preparation for our "snowmegeddon". There are a bunch of 17s in the safe, a 43 in my coat and several subs that take Glocks mags... Not bragging, just stating how invested I am in these. Having said all that, I am carrying a stacatto P duo with a 508t. I have a c2 and an XC on order. I have 20 mags and counting. Getting me to relegate an entire system to backup and reorient my pistol shooting to a vastly more expensive system says a lot.

My stacatto P is simply the best 9mm duty type pistol I have shot. Soft shooting with 147s - weirdly soft. Accurate (25 round 3 inch group at 15 yards shooting fast and a 2 inch group of a rest with the 508t. They are better than my memory of a Sig210, but can't do a side by side comparison.

Feedback Score
    We reading what I wrote off of rest at 25 yards the group was 2 inches. So it's an accurate pistol.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast