Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hilton Yam's first impressions of the STI Staccato P (video)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    WOW, I just picked up a late model 1st gen (full rail but new grip) and this thing is amazing! Fit and finish is excellent and I own several custom guns and a Wilson Combat CQB. I can’t wait to shoot this! I like the feel so much I’m looking for a DUO model now, I would prefer the 2019 model but I can live with the 2020. I would buy the XC but I think it’s priced a little strong at 4300...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    So you guys should check out mike panone's torture test hes been putting this gun through. Its impressive and maybe the most well documented 2011 reliability test out there for public consumption right now. I believe hes at 6,800 rounds fired, 6,000 wolf steel case and hasn't cleaned it in or oiled in 3,000 rounds.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    So you guys should check out mike panone's torture test hes been putting this gun through. Its impressive and maybe the most well documented 2011 reliability test out there for public consumption right now. I believe hes at 6,800 rounds fired, 6,000 wolf steel case and hasn't cleaned it in or oiled in 3,000 rounds.
    Where is he posting this? You tube etc..?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would lump that into the “reliable” box. I personally wouldn’t go past 1000 rounds without cleaning/lubing.

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Where is he posting this? You tube etc..?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B-TjTHGpRTB/

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thank you, I just followed it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    The solution to the thick DUO plate is to buy the standard gun and have the RDSM installed. It's cheaper than the DUO anyway.
    This is what I'm currently looking into doing. I'm thinking a Staccato P for uniformed/team work and a Staccato C2 for off-duty EDC and just send both off for the Chambers RDSM for both. I'll just make sure both are functioning to my expectations before I do this since I have a feeling STI will be less likely to help me out with warranty work if I opt to have someone else install their optic mount. May reach out to STI on this and see. We'll see.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    The solution to the thick DUO plate is to buy the standard gun and have the RDSM installed. It's cheaper than the DUO anyway.
    I just ordered a Staccato P (2020) model as a “eff it all” gift to myself - never been more excited to drop nearly $2k on a gun and another $200 on mags. I debated between it and the Duo. I’m not a RDS user and don’t plan to be in the near future. With all of the comments I’ve seen about how high an RMR sits on the Duo, I figure I’ll just send the slide to get it milled if I decide to go that route. Probably a wash or small savings cost-wise, too. I couldn’t justify $500 for that kind of mounting solution.

If this gun turns out to be half as good as others have said, it might be what finally gets me to hang up my G17 like the 365 blew by my G43.

Side note: Having not seen the recoil system firsthand, is it true that you don’t change out the springs as often as you would on other guns? Where do you find spares?
    Last edited by sundance435; 04-20-20 at 13:28.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Spares can probably be had from STI or Dawson. My understanding is that they're standard commander-length 1911 springs, so it might just be a matter of figuring out what weight they are and picking up some from your favorite spring manufacturer.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Dawson makes the Staccato P guide rods and springs. The new pistols ship with spares.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast