G&R Tactical
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hilton Yam's first impressions of the STI Staccato P (video)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

While he obviously has quite a following, I have never understood Aaron's methodology in "testing".
    I suppose if a product holds up to his reviews (optics in particular) it's vetted "bullet proof" if nothing else.
    Thatís the whole point...he reviews stuff intended for duty and self defense, not range toys.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Anyone know if they will make their gen 2 mags in 10 rounds capacity?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Yam posted this morning that he got one of the prototype Safariland STI Staccato P Duo (with weapon light and RDS) holsters and is reporting that there is no firm date on when it will be available, but rumor is that it will be Spring. Yam also has an M&P/RMR/X300 holster on order from Safariland and will compare it with the prototype STI holster. (Oh, and he got his Staccato P Duo last week.)
    " Political tags ó such as [...], communist, democrat, [...], fascist, liberal, conservative, [...] ó are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort. "
    - Robert Heinlein -

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    That's a relief that Aaron approves.

( :

While he obviously has quite a following, I have never understood Aaron's methodology in "testing".
    I suppose if a product holds up to his reviews (optics in particular) it's vetted "bullet proof" if nothing else.
    To be fair though I'm not sure there are many more people in the industry with as much time, or effort regarding RDS's on handguns than Aaron.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." -George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Okay I actually want this now. Not because itís a new-new nor even a 1911 but I think this gun can go places especially with magazines being streamlined.

Like Glock 19 is the best all around choice but then I am the same semi-closeted homo with a few SR-25s so I donít mind paying a premium for something that feels better to shoot.

Iím not a wealthy man. But if it makes me feel good I will get it. Iíd certainly shoot one first though.

I HAVE shot other folksí 2011s at IPSC matches and some choked on mags a lot and the ones that worked well REALLY worked well.

I like it has a 4.25 barrel. But the more I hear the more the needle is being pushed.

Feedback Score

Hilton Yam's first impressions of the STI Staccato P (video)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Iím not a wealthy man. But if it makes me feel good I will get it. Iíd certainly shoot one first though.
    STI demo days, look up on their ďeventsĒ tab on their website. I found one close and went, and now I have a nice STI on the way now...

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Two-minute tour of the STI plant:

ETA: The condition of (what I suppose is) STI's US flag bothers me. The Texas flag is in similar condition, but eh.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 10-19-19 at 23:08.
    " Political tags ó such as [...], communist, democrat, [...], fascist, liberal, conservative, [...] ó are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort. "
    - Robert Heinlein -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has anyone bought the C and found Kydex holsters for it.
    Leather doesn't survive the S Florida heat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    Has anyone bought the C and found Kydex holsters for it.
    Leather doesn't survive the S Florida heat.
    I got a C, love it. But the holster options right now are crappy.

Feedback Score
    I'm starting to consider saving up for one.
    https://youtu.be/zps-QC787Hg

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast