Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hilton Yam's first impressions of the STI Staccato P (video)

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The comp’d DVC P is like cheating. Even with minor ammo.
    It’s currently my favorite auto pistol to shoot.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I have a Staccato P Duo. Love it so far. I think I prefer the 4.15 inch to the 4.5 inch version for next year. I want a threaded barrel to run a can, and I think the shorter barrel is better for that application. The one that really has my interest is the aluminum frame C2 (I think). Basically a double stack Staccato C. I'll have to have that one. The Staccato version of the DVC P is also pretty temptiong but its a 4K pistol, so you know...
    I love government model 1911s, so the longer 4.45" barrel is right up my alley. Hence my annoyance.

If I were a commander kinda guy, I don't think I would mind or care.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Dang...if that Stac-C2 can mount a current X300U series light, I am going to be SERIOUSLY tempted...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Matt Landfair of Primary & Secondary recently posted this picture up of the 2020 Staccato P DUO with a Chambers Custom Nightfighter:

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got to shoot Hilton's gun last week.
    I've owned 3 STIs, one is 11 years old.
    But, buying a newly designed gun now, C2, is an old lesson not to be the first buyer.
    Also, double stack 9mm 2011 magazines for daily carry worries me. Everyone I ask or see at matches is either telling me how they fixed the problems with feeding or cleaning their magazines after each time they shoot. I am really on the fence. The C2 really checks all the boxes I want in a gun.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I haven't heard of any issues with Gen2 STI magazines.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    What is truly new about the C2? Stacatto C has been around for a little bit with good reviews and the "VIP" 120mm double stack grips are the same. I admit that I would prefer a steel frame but I think the C2 is going to be the "it" high end blaster of 2020.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I haven't heard of any issues with Gen2 STI magazines.
    Yeah, I have a dozen+ of the gen 2’s with zero problems.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I haven't put very many rounds through my Staccato P, yet, but it shoots well. Barrel fit is good. No malfunctions (yet). Recoil is actually more mild than a friend's 9mm CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange (even though the Staccato weighs about twelve ounces less).

But what drives me nuts about it is that STI apparently couldn't be arsed to zero the sights for windage. Even the test target printed significantly left of POI. And given the rear sight height (to co-witness with MRDSs), I can't just drop it into one of my sight pushers. And even if I zero the rear sight on the cover plate, I'll need to check the zero on the RMR adapter plate, too.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Mike Pannone has been appointed STI’s director of LE/Mil R&D and training.
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast