Thread: IWI's "Carmel" rifle

Feedback Score

IWI's "Carmel" rifle

For people that would rather not use a bullpup, I guess. Wonder if it will make it to the US market?

"The Carmel is constructed mainly of polymer and borrows technology from Tavor. It is fully ambidextrous, including the cocking handle that can be switched to either side when the bolt is locked back. The ejection port is far enough forwards so that casings do not hit a left-handed shooter. Its buttstock folds forward for mounted users and a cheek rest on the buttstock can be moved up or down, an IWI spokesperson said."

https://www.janes.com/article/91484/...pons-offerings

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    So, basically a 5.56 Scorpion with an overcomplicated stock?
    Last edited by Jellybean; 09-25-19 at 12:27.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Why do these new rifles always seem to be so bulbous? There's plastic everywhere on these things. Seems like it would make for sub-optimal ergos.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Why do these new rifles always seem to be so bulbous? There's plastic everywhere on these things. Seems like it would make for sub-optimal ergos.
    That's what I was thinking. It just needs a chainsaw in the front and you can play Gears of War.

Feedback Score
    I can't even imagine Hillary Clinton's vagina being uglier.

In designing new rifles, I'm pretty sure when someone says "What about ergonomics?", the boss just says, "Hey, Bob, what about go f**k yourself??"
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 09-25-19 at 12:46.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Lol! I thought that said "camel" rifle.

I kinda dig it, but I own an FS2000 and a PS90.

If I was in the market for a camel rifle, I'd want a heavier caliber. They seem like tough critters. 7.62 at least...Or maybe 357H&H so I can get ammo in case my luggage gets lost.

Feedback Score
    Kind of has an HK XM-8 look to it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Reminds me of Berettas recent offering.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The IWI, Beretta 160, and the SCAR, ...might as well throw in all the bull pup rifles too all make the AR look downright svelte and way more user friendly.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    The IWI, Beretta 160, and the SCAR, ...might as well throw in all the bull pup rifles too all make the AR look downright svelte and way more user friendly.
    I would differ in opinion with the SCAR. And the sci-fi nerd in me likes the MDR to much to ding it for looks.
    But yeah...it seems every time a "new" battle rifle comes out I look at it, I look at my AR sitting in the corner and I go "ok...so what does that do that this already does well and for less weight, and about 500-1000 bucks cheaper?"
    It seems like every time I start to feel like the AR is getting a little "clunky" either some new part comes along to address what I'm tired of, or I look at the price:weight:effectiveness ratio vs everything else and think "you know what...this will do for a while longer."

Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety, but all these newfangled rifles are things people are buying just to have something they can say "but this one is mine" about, barely shoot them, and in reality, store them away like every other collectible in history in the hope that one day it will be worth money as "today on Forgotten Weapons, that neat rifle such and such company made that never really caught on".
    I mean, I'm no apologist for the AR's imperfections but...barring an advancement in ammunition I think it's just to *close* to perfect, with far to much aftermarket support, for anything else to matter.
    Kind of like the way everyone asks "but will it run glock mags"? any time a new PCC shows up...
    If every pattern rifle was banned from ownership tomorrow except the AR15/AR10 pattern rifles would I be unhappy? Would there be something one of those two variations couldn't do for me? Probably not.

Thank you for listening to my Ted talk.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment