Thread: Future Mags? 7.62x39 AR47's?

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Future Mags? 7.62x39 AR47's?

I was just wondering if Magpul was developing x39 mags as the AR47 is here to stay and gaining in popularity. I know you have the ability to produce a steady supply.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    wut??? Ahem, Magpul has been making AK mags for years.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 09-16-19 at 10:41.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    wut???
    Comprehension problems? I only buy the heavy C-Products Defense stainless AR47 mags as they work in my guns no hiccups. ASC's are crap. I would love to buy a dependable Magpul product to do the same job.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ah, AR 47 threw me, yeah 7.62 x 39 mag for AR's have always been problematic.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Ah, AR 47 threw me, yeah 7.62 x 39 mag for AR's have always been problematic.
    C-Products Defense magazines in 7.62 x 39 have always been 100% reliable in my AR... Don't waste your money or time on the ASCs like I did.
    Last edited by lt211; 02-01-21 at 17:09. Reason: added caliper

Feedback Score
    It might not be possible due to the larger diameter case. From the research I’ve done, the magazine wall material has to be thin there to hold the rounds stacked and work within the standard AR lower mag well dimensions. They don’t make 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, etc mags either, I’m assuming due to the same reason.

x whatever on the Duramags (formerly known as C-Products), I’ve had great luck with mine so far.