Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMMG Radial delayed bolt with standard reciever

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

CMMG Radial delayed bolt with standard reciever

Just ordered a bolt and barrel combo as I have some stripper uppers laying around doing nothing. Anyone have any real issues with ejection on a standard reciever? I know they recommend a oversized ejection port for best results. Just looking to do a cheap upper with spare parts and to work with my pistol lower. Gonna get some endo mag conversions with some spare pmags.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well just completed an 8.5" upper with a left over stripped reciever, holosun 510 green reticle. Have some endomags and just need to get out to the range to run some rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    No personal experience yet, but I'd check the thread over on Brian Enos for info about that. Quite a few guys over there building PCCs with the guard system, and there is lots of good info over there. I do remember at least one person using a standard upper and not having issues, as long as it was the 9mm model, and not the 45. Once again no personal experience, but check over there for sure.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    There was a decent length thread on ar15. Will look for the one on brian enos as I frequent that one as well.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    20190926_205300.jpg

Here it is all finished up. Plan to run some mags throug it after uspsa this sunday.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Interested to hear your thoughts on the Radial Delayed Bolt- does it/is it= softer shooting than the Blow Back guns?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    A buddy has a blowback colt mag style. Will have to meet up with him to see if there is very much of a difference between the two. As of right now this will be my first 9mm AR and I haven't shot his yet.

There will be a bunch of pcc shooters tomorrow so I will see if I can try a blowback to see the difference.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 09-29-19 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well didn't get to compare it to a blowback as the one pcc guy in my squad was having issues with both of his rifles, AR9 style and uzi. It ran good and the best I can explain the recoil impulse is kind of spongy. Not sharp but a little bouncy. May try an H buffer instead of standard and see if that helps with the bounce feel. Mags fed good. Did a quick stand up sight in at 20 yards. Definately see the appeal on these.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Are you using an A5 buffer system? Amphibian has done some great research on this RDB setup...

http://c3junkie.com/?page_id=538

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Was using a standard buffer but threw an H weight in to see how it does tomorrow at the range. Have an H2 as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast