Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMMG Radial delayed bolt with standard reciever

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Ran it with the H buffer and sertled down pretty well. Locked back everytime. Ejection was slightly forward.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have the upper and lower, maybe I can swing the bolt and barrel for Christmas. Looking forward to finally putting mine together. Thanks for posting about your experience!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Reference the spongy feeling, a Sprinco red spring and carbine or H buffer felt the best in mine.

Feedback Score
    Just finished my 10mm build last week and got to put some rounds through it today. Ran through 2 20rd mags without a hiccup. Angstadt Arms receiver set with the CMMG 8" 10mm barrel and BCA. I decided to just try it before making any modifications to the ejection port. It ran and ejected the cases just fine. The ejection port dimensions are .545 by 2". Buffer spring is a Sprinco extra power carbine spring and buffer is an Expo H2.

Didn't have much time and didn't do a side by side comparison with my 9mm but recoil felt very mild.
    Last edited by LoboTBL; 02-24-20 at 22:46.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    If you already have a 9mm AR15, can you just drop one of the CMMG radial delayed bolts in or is there more to it than that? What I'd really like to do is setup my M16 lower to run 9mm sometimes. I've been told that 9mm is tough on lowers. Would this special bolt alleviate that problem?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    If you already have a 9mm AR15, can you just drop one of the CMMG radial delayed bolts in or is there more to it than that? What I'd really like to do is setup my M16 lower to run 9mm sometimes. I've been told that 9mm is tough on lowers. Would this special bolt alleviate that problem?
    I'd be interested to hear about this as well.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    If you already have a 9mm AR15, can you just drop one of the CMMG radial delayed bolts in or is there more to it than that?
    Need to get their barrel as well...

Feedback Score
    So is that it, just the bolt and barrel are different from a regular blowback 9mm?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Most blowback 9s also like a very heavy buffer that is slightly longer as well. The guard bolt has an ejector like a regular ar15 so 9mm lowers or conversions have a fixed ejector that will interfere with the guard bolt.

I Just built a 9mm upper with the CMMG bolt and barrel. Everything but the bolt and barrel is standard at. I run it on a regular lower with a A5H2 system. Instead of a 9mm lower or conversion I use the endomag Conversion magazine. https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm

It has been 100% in the limited use I have given it so far

Bolt hold open mag changes pouches etc are the same as a 556 ar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12