Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How resistant to losing zero is an Aimpoint supposed to be?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Remember the old LV DD M4 torture test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMUASQMt5l8

or how about house fires?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXdriW3KfwU

There used to be a Aimpoint Rep on Lightefighter who would start his demo by taking his AP off the rifle chunking it across the range reinstalling and shooting to prove zero. Bottom line is Aimpoints are pretty durable but not to say some can't be knocked off zero.
    I'm a firm believer that the mounts are the weak point. I have a couple Primary Arms and Holosun optics on various rifles, any issue of losing zero has been fixed by replacing the factory mounts with quality ones.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Yeah it's lower 1/3 cowitness.
    Perfect. I'm sure I'll get the in stock notice when I'm broke again. I'm sold on it though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    The Scalarworks LEAP mount fixed the problem of my Comp M2 losing zero over time.
    My mount arrives today. I can't wait.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ended up ordering two ADM AD-68 Standard mounts. First one, and then a second a couple weeks later. One is on my SBR and the other, well I ended up getting an AD-68L “low” mount in an AD-68 Standard box so Optics Planet will hopefully get the exchange for the right item processed quickly.

The Scalarworks mounts look nice but are a bit pricey considering I needed two mounts because I wanted to dump both QRP-2s.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    The Scalarworks mounts look nice but are a bit pricey considering I needed two mounts because I wanted to dump both QRP-2s.
    The Scalarworks Leap is very nice. The grip it gets on the aimpoint body is really solid compared to the Wilcox it replaced. I don't regret the $199 spent on it one bit.. so far.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234