Thread: How resistant to losing zero is an Aimpoint supposed to be?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

How resistant to losing zero is an Aimpoint supposed to be?

A couple of weeks ago I was swapping optics around and put an Aimpoint Pro on the standard factory QRP-2 mount on one of my carbines. I took it to the range and zeroed the backup sights and then the Aimpoint.
    Fast forward to a couple days ago and I took the carbine with the Aimpoint out of the safe and leaned it against the wall so i could retrieve a different gun, and, wouldn't you know it, the carbine ended up falling over and smacking the wooden floor pretty good.
    This annoyed me because, OCD as I am (literally, I've been basically diagnosed with mild OCD) I now knew I needed to confirm zero on the optic even though I figured it was *probably* ok, because it's an Aimpoint.
    So I took it to the range today to check the POI, figuring it would be fine but knowing it needed to be checked "just in case" and as it turns out the POI did in fact seem to have shifted. At 50yards I had to go 3clicks UP and 3clicks RIGHT to get back on target. Prior to making the adjustments I removed the Aimpoint and reinstalled it as well. Not a huge deal, but I was somewhat disappointed it had shifted at all.
    Are Aimpoints supposed to be more shock resistant than that or is that loss of zero unsurprising considering the rifle and optic fell on the floor?
    I am still using the factory QRP-2, which I've heard described as an "OK" mount in terms of retaining zero, but not great.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 09-16-19 at 12:18.