Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How resistant to losing zero is an Aimpoint supposed to be?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had issues with the QRP mount on a PRO coming loose during shooting. I read some recommendations to just bear down on the knob and force it to go tighter than the torque click-off naturally would go. That helped a bit, but in my opinion it's just a bandaid and not acceptable for an optic mount.

I think the PRO itself is a fine optic when mated to another mount (Geissele, ADM, etc.). It is, however, unnecessarily large for what it is these days.

Also -

Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Henry Standing Bear virus. No contractions allowed.
    LOL. Zing.
    Last edited by grizzlyblake; 09-17-19 at 05:56.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Have you experienced losses of zero due to impacts, drops, riding around in a cruiser etc.. on the PROs at your job?
    Nothing that I have noticed. I run quals most days of the week and we have a mix of mostly Eotechs and 50 Aimpoint pro's. I would say the optics get more abuse in the racks in the station being banged around at shift change more than the 6 foot drop test. I haven't seen any massive shifts from duty use. I would say considering the average officer's skill at our 100 yard qual course, I wouldn't really notice 3 clicks David

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Break a Grant for a DECENT mount. ANY mount NOT named "QRP" will be an improvement.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    I would say considering the average officer's skill at our 100 yard qual course, I wouldn't really notice 3 clicks David
    I'm actually a fair bit more accurate at 100yds with irons than I am with an Aimpoint, but also slower, hence why even though I tend to use a 100 yard zero I generally start zeroing an Aimpoint at 50yards, get it hitting consistently a bit low on a 3" bullseye then check it at 100 to make sure the groups are landing be where I want them.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Good grief... My house gun was leaning on my bed this morning, and I heard something fall over from the kitchen. Walked in and my carbine had fallen over on the thick area rug. (was leaning muzzle up and sideways, and fell optic first.... knocked out of zero again. Not as bad as last time, but definitely out of zero compared to the FSB and Carry handle cut down Irons.

I'm tempted to buy another mount and do the rug drop test again.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Spuhr is known to make the strongest Aimpoint mount, period. Just get the non-QD version.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Spuhr is known to make the strongest Aimpoint mount, period. Just get the non-QD version.
    I may try another mount for my PROs at some point, im only seeing mounts for the Micros on the Spuhr site.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Geissele and ADM make some good mounts. Never had an issue with either. Also look at reptilia, although they only make Micros right now.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I threw my carbine with an Aimpoint H-1 on a DD mount from the 2nd story onto a wooden deck, about a 10 foot drop. Guess what, it was still zeroed when I checked it.

Stop being poor and buy good mounts.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It sucks but mounts are critical, I have a Brobo on mine. Mount cost about as much as RDS. Have not drop tested mine.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast