Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How resistant to losing zero is an Aimpoint supposed to be?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I threw my carbine with an Aimpoint H-1 on a DD mount from the 2nd story onto a wooden deck, about a 10 foot drop. Guess what, it was still zeroed when I checked it.

Stop being poor and buy good mounts.
    Guess I'm going to have to. last night I took the PRO that sparked this thread off the gun to put it on a different one and now the knob won't tighten down. Kind of feels like something is stripped inside or the mechanism is just not engaging. I wonder if whatever is wrong now is related to the original zero loss issue I had with this unit, although the knob would at least tighten down and "snap" like it was supposed to up until last night.
    In any case, I guess I need a better mount. My other PRO hasn't really had this issue but eventually I'm sure I'll end up replacing vthat one too

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The aimpoint isn't loosing zero, the marginal mount is.

End of story.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The aimpoint isn't loosing zero, the marginal mount is.

End of story.
    Yep. Even though one of the QRP-2 mounts seems to retain zero alright, I'm going to replace that one preemptively as well once I get the the problem mount replaced.

Come to think of it, the problems i had with the one mount may go back even further than the fall it took that prompted this thread. A while back I had an absolute bitch of a time getting it zeroed and wrote it off as me just shooting really poorly, and maybe it was, but there might have been other factors in play too.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The Scalarworks LEAP mount fixed the problem of my Comp M2 losing zero over time. The QRP mounts are garbage.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ended up ordering an ADM just this morning actually. I'll end up getting another mount for my other PRO in the near future, but I at least want to get the known problem mount replaced ASAP. I didn't realize how heavy the QRP-2 itself actually was until I had it separated from the sight, it's quite a pig.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    The Scalarworks LEAP mount fixed the problem of my Comp M2 losing zero over time.
    That mount looks interesting.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That mount looks interesting.
    They're well worth the cost in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    They're well worth the cost in my opinion.
    At first glance, I almost dumped the idea because it looks too light/weak. But they actually put some real design into it.

Says it's a 1.57" high mount? Out of stock for now, but that'll give me time to pay for some holiday expenses.
    Last edited by markm; 12-17-19 at 21:32.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I threw my carbine with an Aimpoint H-1 on a DD mount from the 2nd story onto a wooden deck, about a 10 foot drop. Guess what, it was still zeroed when I checked it.

Stop being poor and buy good mounts.

Remember the old LV DD M4 torture test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMUASQMt5l8

or how about house fires?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXdriW3KfwU

There used to be a Aimpoint Rep on Lightefighter who would start his demo by taking his AP off the rifle chunking it across the range reinstalling and shooting to prove zero. Bottom line is Aimpoints are pretty durable but not to say some can't be knocked off zero.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    At first glance, I almost dumped the idea because it looks too light/weak. But they actually put some real design into it.

Says it's a 1.57" high mount? Out of stock for now, but that'll give me time to pay for some holiday expenses.
    Yeah it's lower 1/3 cowitness.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast