Thread: AR Pistol build deets, good to go?

Feedback Score

AR Pistol build deets, good to go?

Putting together parts for a pistol build. Primarily for fun range time (so will get shot a lot likely) but will travel with me for long trips. I haven't parted together an AR before so thought I'd run these by you guys. Not looking for a budget build or top of the line, just nice and reliable.

Aero M4E1 threaded receiver set
    Odin Works stainless 7.5' .223 Wylde w/adjustable block
    Trinity Force FW II keymod triangular rail 9"
    Linear Comp
    WMD Nickel Boron BCG
    Geissele SD-3G trigger
    Law Tac folding adapter
    SBA3 brace
    Ambi Safety
    Extended mag release
    Extended pins
    Armaspec charging handle
    Magpul Pro MBUS
    Slim Grip
    Vortex Sparc rds

I understand 7.5" barrel ballistics and will be working up loads for this rifle. Other than that, any issues with the above I should be aware of?
    Last edited by Strength Of Arms; 09-21-19 at 18:48. Reason: Corrections

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Install a Colt or Sprinco M4 extractor spring.
    Take a look at the BRT Covert Comp. It's smaller, lighter and costs less than the Flaming Pig and it works.
    Get a Split Fix for the SBA3. The Split Fix will stiffen and protect the rubber wings. It's well worth the $25 cost.
    I think the Sig Romeo 5 is a better econo RDS than the Sparc.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Install a Colt or Sprinco M4 extractor spring.
    Take a look at the BRT Covert Comp. It's smaller, lighter and costs less than the Flaming Pig and it works.
    Get a Split Fix for the SBA3. The Split Fix will stiffen and protect the rubber wings. It's well worth the $25 cost.
    I think the Sig Romeo 5 is a better econo RDS than the Sparc.
    Thank you for the tips! checking them out now. The Sparc has been sitting in the closet looking for a home for a few years, lol.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I would skip the nickel boron bcg and go with a quality bcg like BCM or Colt. If you're looking for one that's coated look at NP3 instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wigbones View Post
    I would skip the nickel boron bcg and go with a quality bcg like BCM or Colt. If you're looking for one that's coated look at NP3 instead.
    Hmm, I read through a ton of posts on here as well as other reviews and the WMD was rated within the top 5 BCGs for quality. Am I missing something about WMD?

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...or-hard-chrome

Here is one of several threads on the topic of nickel boron.

Feedback Score
    So, it's done. Got it out to the range and was getting 3mos with a 2moa dot. No keyholing and was getting ~2250fps using .223 Hornady black 75grn. Tbh, I was pretty surprised at that. I expected some tumbling and in the 2100 range. So def happy there. No failures. The aftermarket pins were slightly undersized and the receiver had a little wobble. Fixed it with the Aero tension screw.

The SD-G3 Trigger is amazing. Very very happy with it. I think the only low quality parts in there are the trinity force handguards.(Please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm going to switch those out for a shorter m-lok rail of better quality. First build so didnt really know what was best for some of the parts. All in all, I'm quite pleased. I need to take it out to a longer distance range with an LPVO and see if it can hit decently at 200-300 yards.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strength Of Arms View Post
    So, it's done. Got it out to the range and was getting 3mos with a 2moa dot. No keyholing and was getting ~2250fps using .223 Hornady black 75grn. Tbh, I was pretty surprised at that. I expected some tumbling and in the 2100 range. So def happy there. No failures. The aftermarket pins were slightly undersized and the receiver had a little wobble. Fixed it with the Aero tension screw.

The SD-G3 Trigger is amazing. Very very happy with it. I think the only low quality parts in there are the trinity force handguards.(Please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm going to switch those out for a shorter m-lok rail of better quality. First build so didnt really know what was best for some of the parts. All in all, I'm quite pleased. I need to take it out to a longer distance range with an LPVO and see if it can hit decently at 200-300 yards.

That's a NICE looking build man! !