Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutting sugar for 24 hours & competing with your spouse when it comes to food!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You could also look at Swerve and the other sweeteners that use the “sugar alcohols”—these don’t seem to spike insulin like regular sugar.

My wife and I have cut most sugar out of our diets and we sleep better, feel better and are still not wanting. For my coffee, I put about 1/4 TSP of ground cinnamon and 1TBSP heavy cream in. Sweet, but not sugary sweet. I love it.

Congrats on your progress!

I wouldn’t stay overweight as a just in case. Find you target weight and go for that—really what makes you feel good while keeping healthy blood/cholesterol/etc numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by C2Q View Post
    I did switch some of my creamer over to stevia (and, wow, that is strong stuff).

So glad to report that I have lost 11 pounds and am only above my norm weight by 4 pounds (which my father wants me to keep for a 'buffer' if I get sick).

That begs the question: should we stay purposely over weight by 5 pounds in case of surgery or procedure?
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 12-13-19 at 03:00.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Update: Finally was willing to fast sugar in hopes it would fix some muscle problems I was having. Was off it for about 10 days--had a horrible headache for the first 3. Keeping it well under 24 grams a day and replaced most with Stevia--if at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123