Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Allen wrench source?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've used Eklind, Wiha and Bondhus in our shops on a daily basis. All are of excellent quality. You can find Eklind in just about any hardware store and they've worked fine for me in most cases. For REALLY tough jobs, the Wiha's are better though.

Feedback Score
    Wiha and Bondhus are my preferred brands. I have good luck with Holo-Krome as well but I am not sure if they are made anymore, haven't seen any available in the past few years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I use Bondhus. They are the O.E. for Snapon I believe.
    I really like Bondhus foldups.

http://bondhus.com/pages/hex-end1

For a single key try EBay. Just pay attention to what you are buying. I needed a very short Torx key for Aero Precision mounts that would fit inside a pistol grip and ended up with US made Irwin for under $2..

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Looks like it has been answered, just providing another resource. This place has everything for almost anything fitting or fastenerwise. They have some tools to go with the fasteners as well.

https://www.mcmaster.com/allen-wrenches

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Looks like it has been answered, just providing another resource. This place has everything for almost anything fitting or fastenerwise. They have some tools to go with the fasteners as well.

https://www.mcmaster.com/allen-wrenches
    McMaster Carr has something for just about everything.
    Fairly sure they are a source for Spirol pins Iraq Gunz always recommended.

Their stainless shim stock is what inside shelter backpacking wood stove pipes are frequently made of also.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Care to elaborate why?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Love McMaster....they have anything and everything hardware-wise, and everything I've gotten from them was top quality.

Question, what is the purpose of the ball ended allen keys?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It is kind of like a U-joint in a drive shaft. You don’t have to perfectly line up on the socket head. You don’t want to get crazy torquing them down with the ball end, running them in/out is faster though. Especially if the socket is next to a flat surface and the stubby end would hit flat surface when spinning it. Just lean the wrench out a little and go to town.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    It is kind of like a U-joint in a drive shaft. You don’t have to perfectly line up on the socket head. You don’t want to get crazy torquing them down with the ball end, running them in/out is faster though. Especially if the socket is next to a flat surface and the stubby end would hit flat surface when spinning it. Just lean the wrench out a little and go to town.
    Thanks, that's kind of what I figured.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Care to elaborate why?
    Literally just cheap quality. I’m not sure how else to articulate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast