Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parts to complete bolt

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    IIRC, most of the problems with McFarland rings were due to improper sizing, material, and treatment. Process issues, mostly. Not all one-piece rings are the same ("parts is parts"). And because it's a wizbang part, a quality unit does cost 3x more than a perfectly good set of regular rings. So, while it could be a viable enhancement, I think distrust overran the concept. One could say that they are a solution looking for a problem, however, as linked above, Crane deemed them worthy for a fairly harsh application.
    the armalite rings I posted for $1 and some change are quality , correct?

After my limited searching, all other rings seem to cost $2 - $3 per 3 rings.

Feedback Score
    Hard to say. Armalite isn't what it used to be, but maybe their rings are just fine. I'd trust someone else's firsthand opinion on those rings, if they care to comment. Otherwise, the known good brands/vendors might cost a little more but you'll have some assurances. As for the linked one-piece ring, that would be a crap shoot. Meaning, it may work well for long time or it won't and may cause problems right out of the gate. JP makes a nice ring albeit expensive.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...7cMake_3=AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    the armalite rings I posted for $1 and some change are quality , correct?

After my limited searching, all other rings seem to cost $2 - $3 per 3 rings.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123