Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 3 Brands that get no discussion here

Feedback Score
    A local shop has Barrett Rec 7’s sitting right beside LMT MRP’s and DD rifles. The Barrett’s run about $1600, DD ~ $1400, and LMTs are $1800 plus. DD offers a proven rifle $200 cheaper and the LMTs speak for themselves. The clerks say they sell 20 DD or Colt and 5 LMTs to every 1 Barrett AR. They say the Barrett MRAD’s move well even in the $4500 range.

I’ve handled a REC 10 and it was kinda bland for a $2500 rifle. The receivers fit well, it was light, that’s about all I remember about it. A friend had one. He was disappointed in the accuracy he was getting and sold it for a MWS. No way I’d spend that when MWS’s can be bought new for less.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm sure Wilson Baer and Barrett all make nice ARs but honestly I've never given them much of a thought other than 1911s for Wilson and Baer / Barrett for their 50s. That said I've heard good things about Wilson's AR barrels and triggers. These days my most shot rifle is my SOPMOD Block 1 clone. It's just fun to shoot and does 90% of what I like to do with my ARs. The other 10% is shooting for accuracy at distance and for that I have a great 18" RA build that's also a lot of fun to shoot.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    You dont see these brands getting talked about much either, especially Larue since the only time markL updates is his product line is to spite some other guy in the industry.

Why does no one talk about companies like Les Baer, just look at their ARs: Their police carbine looks like it fell out of a MADE IN CHINA catalog and their other ARs are marketed for dudes who like to wear mossy oak all day.

Wow! Those are terrible! What is that, a Vism rail and bipod, and some ATI pistol grip? I'm surprised even Les Baer is that out of touch with the AR market, but then again they're mostly a Fudd brand anyway.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456