Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 3 Brands that get no discussion here

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Don't KAC, LMT, and Larue all have military contracts while Barrett, Les Baer, and Wilson do not? If that's correct that would seem to be a simple explanation of why nobody considers the other three as serious ARs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I have two les Baer stripped uppers. They are non forward assist uppers. I bought them back around 2010 when no one else made a forged upper with no forward assist.

These are the two most out of spec uppers I have have seen. They were overall ‘oversized’ in the push pin area. You know for a ‘tight fit’ and as it turned out they needed to be ‘hand fit’......
    me too, the two stripped no-FA uppers i bought many years ago were also out of spec

thus i never considered LBC for anything else AR, even though i have been impressed with their 1911s

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Don't KAC, LMT, and Larue all have military contracts while Barrett, Les Baer, and Wilson do not? If that's correct that would seem to be a simple explanation of why nobody considers the other three as serious ARs.
    Good points that partially explains it for sure. Of the 3, I think the Barrett generally considered a "serious" AR, but not my lane really.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I picked up 2 WC stripped lowers 10-15 years ago. I've never seen any others for sale like them and they don't look like the lowers they have now. Wish I'd have picked up a few more. Since they weren't complete rifles it really doesn't count but I've made them into reliable ARs regardless.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Maybe not AR contracts but Barrett has suplied the .mil for decades.........
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Barrett recently won a SOCOM award:

https://news.barrett.net/2019/04/05/...-asr-contract/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ve got another brand I never see talked about. Midwest Industries seems to make some nice complete rifles for competitive prices but I never see anyone talking about them. Maybe because most are 223 Wylde chambered? Criterion barrels in most of them with tons of rail options of course.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    Good. They seem like good people.

My dealer carries Wilson ARs and they look amazing but I’ve never considered them for a “serious” AR. Don’t know why. I guess it’s all brand perception and whatnot.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I’ve got another brand I never see talked about. Midwest Industries seems to make some nice complete rifles for competitive prices but I never see anyone talking about them. Maybe because most are 223 Wylde chambered? Criterion barrels in most of them with tons of rail options of course.
    I'm thinking major brands as there's tons of small brands that don't get discussed due to just being small/smaller companies and such. I was just curious about those brands as they're well known, respected for producing quality firearms that are not ARs, advertise, etc.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast