Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Brands that get no discussion here

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

3 Brands that get no discussion here

Over the years here, I notice there's 3 brands that never seem to get any discussion here but are from well known companies: Wilson, Les Baer and Barrett

Is the reason simply price/value compared to other brands or something else? Does anyone own an AR from those makers?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Probably a lot has to do with pricing and availability. I've never seen either of the 3 on the shelf.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Who would bother spending that kind of money on an AR that does nothing different from a $799 Colt 6920?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've seen ONE Les Baer and ONE Wilson in a carbine class. Very nice guns, ran great etc....but yea, you just don't see them.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    There's more than that but my thoughts on it. All are great rifles but IMHO;

Wilsons are for the well healed and are mostly are trophies.

Les Baer, and I've seen them used a race guns and game guns quite a bit around my parts.

Seems high priced with limited distribution, just not what most gun owners think of.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Probably a lot has to do with pricing and availability. I've never seen either of the 3 on the shelf.
    True enough. I have never seen one from any of those brands in the wild either.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seen one used WC. Never knew LB made ARs and Barrett has always been the 50BMG to me, which is waaaaay WAAAAAY outa my price range.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine has a Wilson Combat that’s probably one of the first ones they made . I put a few rounds through it. Gun had a great trigger and functioned well. A shop near me has the Barrett rifles. They sell a fair amount of them but it’s in an area with a lot of well healed people. I have handled them, finish quality is first rate. Going to the precision rifle expo next weekend maybe they will have their SPR model out, I would like to put some rounds through one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Who would bother spending that kind of money on an AR that does nothing different from a $799 Colt 6920?
    If that were the case, I'd think nobody here would be talking about brands like BCM, LMT, and Sionics either, all of which typically cost north of $1k for a complete rifle.

It's a good question, I don't know why. I've never really considered them myself, but in my case, it's because I generally don't buy complete AR's. I get quality barrels/bcg's typically BCM, then put together franken-rifles with the parts I want.

My theory? Groups of people--including online forums--form hierarchies and a 'culture' of their own. On a gun forum, those will include brand preferences just like we have here. Some are favored, some are panned, some are just ignored (maybe because people have little experience with them, not necessarily because they're bad quality).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Seen one used WC. Never knew LB made ARs and Barrett has always been the 50BMG to me, which is waaaaay WAAAAAY outa my price range.
    I have not price compared but I'd assume they're in line with other premium ARs price wise. If I were to get a premium AR, it would be a KAC and call it a day.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast