Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cartridges are bending?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    In all fairness the bolt may have been catching in the case extractor groove to push the round forward but I don't believe it was fully behind the case when the feed failure occurred.
    I too, have had that, when using a h2 buffer and extra power spring in a lightly gassed and very dirty rifle. Mangled the round when a stoppage occurred. Did it with every Gen PMag, both 20 and 30, along with USGI 20’s and 30’s and Surefeeds. Did it mainly with .223 55gr, and didn’t start until I started shooting .223 (I usually shoot 5.56.). It was persistent until I swapped in a lighter spring. It certainly appeared to be what you are describing.
    Last edited by 1168; 09-28-19 at 16:21.

Feedback Score
    ok guys heres a update. still was doing after bcg , honed and polished the feed ramp and chamber. with p mag 200rnds today not one hickup. yes i threw the promags out. thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevignyjoe View Post
    ok guys heres a update. still was doing after bcg , honed and polished the feed ramp and chamber. with p mag 200rnds today not one hickup. yes i threw the promags out. thanks guys.
    I would really like to know more about how you honed and polished the feed ramps. I seem to have a sharp high point that seems to be shaving brass occasionally. It is creating a stoppage when the round is bent and jammed as it gets deflected up into the throat.

Feedback Score
    I didn’t actually do it . my friend Is a armor for sig and the ct state police in our area. I believe he honed the chamber with what looked like a small version cylinder hone like I use on car motors and polished the feed ramps with a hand held dermal wand . My feed ramps were pretty rough before now are silky smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Masterdrago the looked like yours maybe a little worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456