Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartridges are bending?

Feedback Score
    Alright guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Those pics look normal to me. Can you describe what the malfunction looks like.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Those pics look normal to me. Can you describe what the malfunction looks like.
    Maybe it's the angle, but it seems to me most of my carbine feedramps are a little larger.

Can't really see any copper or brass markings, though.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Could be the magazine too. Does this happen with a particular one, or with several different mags? What mags are you using?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Could be the magazine too. Does this happen with a particular one, or with several different mags? What mags are you using?
    This, or check the extractor spring and ejector spring.
    Do you have another bolt to try?
    Can you measure the rim (OD) of the cases?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ok, so I just re-read the OP. The problem only started happening with Frontier ammo, but never happened with the Winchester that you used to use?

How many rounds through the gun? And what other brands on ammo have you fired through it?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try winchester again. A different issue than feed malfunctions, but frontier is not flawless.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-5-56-55-grain

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    This is what I was thinking. I'd try a bolt, too. Also, those feed ramps on that upper receiver look pretty non-existent, I'd bet it start life a rifler upper and Anderson took a dremel to it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Yea never have had a issue with the Winchester. After I built the configuration it is now only 250 to 300 rnds through it . Always good. Only Winchester ammo through it until now. I bought 500 rnds 2 yrs ago. So then I saw midway had the frontier stuff on sale so I tried it. As far as mags 3 pro mags 1 pmag. How ever I did find one of the pro mags stuffed in the back of my safe and I brought it into rotation. I will mark all three pro mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    ProMags are garbage, that could be your problem. Did you notice the issue with the Pmag?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast