Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartridges are bending?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just go ahead and toss the Promags now. Save yourself grief in the future. Seriously.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    See the problem is I live in ct and can only have ten rounds so I bought some 20 rounders pinned. I have some hex mags too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have never had a problem with the pro mags until now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Isn't about time for that crank MistWolf to come in and say "Install a Colt extractor spring".

Boy howdy, I swear that guy thinks extractor springs are the root of all AR malfunctions!

sevignyjoe, in all seriousness, replace your extractor spring with a Colt or Sprinco M4 extractor spring. Short answer- A weak spring lets the extractor lose its grip on the rim of the empty so ejection is weak. The loose empty blocks the new round from feeding correctly and the new round gets smashed into the feed ramps, bending and denting them. Meanwhile, the empty gets shoved out of the ejection port, leaving the hapless shooter frustrated and none the wiser as to what's going on.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you run out of ideas with no solution, try a heavier buffer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    If you run out of ideas with no solution, try a heavier buffer.
    In this case, a heavier buffer is only a Band-Aid (TM). It'll slow the bleeding but not fix the problem.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    In this case, a heavier buffer is only a Band-Aid (TM). It'll slow the bleeding but not fix the problem.
    Please enlighten us to what the problem is. Thanks,

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Please enlighten us to what the problem is. Thanks,
    I'll guess. DPMS, Andersen, Pro mags or ammunition none of it likes. If it were mine I would shoot up the reloads while practicing clearing malfunctions then go back to Winchester after throwing away the magazines.

Feedback Score
    He already said it's the extractor spring.

Feedback Score
    I used to have this with my Bushmaster 16” Dissi, which had a Bushie semi BCG & their stock spring and unnamed gun show mags. It seemed a mess of issues with the fired case not ejecting properly & the bolt itself rode over the next round in the mag. I wasn’t savvy on ARs and started reading on-line, trouble-shooting.

As I read here & elsewhere, I added a BCM BCG & Springco recoil spring, Colt factory mags & the malf disappeared.

I wish I could help more, but that rifle was my first AR & only time I had “banana bullets” as I called them.

Best of luck.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast