Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edward Snowden new book, interview, etc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Edward Snowden new book, interview, etc

Edward Snowden has a new book out. He was interviewed by NPR and it was well worth a listen/read:

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/19/76191...te-with-russia

When I first heard of him and what he'd done, I considered him a traitor who put people and risk, did so for his own benefits, etc. as the gubment claimed.

After seeing how he went about it, what he divulged, etc, I think his motives were as he claims, and what he divulged unconstitutional and illegal. Does that make him a patriot? He mentioned he took and oath the defend against threats external and internal, and felt the massive spying on US citizens a clear violation of the latter, and acted.

Those who did it for financial gain, self motivated attention seekers, etc, are traitors and should be treated as such.

I may check out his book, and I can't think of another nation that would allow such a book to exist while using NS as a reason to (attempt) to prevent it from seeing the light of day is also what makes the US what it is, warts and all.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-20-19 at 09:25.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think he's a bitch and I find it amusing how he wants to come back to the US so bad.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I think he's a bitch and I find it amusing how he wants to come back to the US so bad.
    I wouldn't want to live in Russia either. He's clear in the interview he's more than willing to return and stand trial. I'd highly recommend giving that a listen.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think what he did was morally and ethically correct, but how he did it and where he fled to after he'd done it were wrong. I do agree that he'd never get a fair, public trial in America, so he can never come back. That's the price he has to pay for what he did do wrong.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    where he fled to after he'd done it were wrong.
    Just to be clear, he was fleeing to Ecuador from Hong Kong when during a stopover in Moscow the US cancelled his passport. Seems like a bad strategy to cancel a passport when someone is in Russia and has a USB full of secrets and no job...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Just to be clear, he was fleeing to Ecuador from Hong Kong when during a stopover in Moscow the US cancelled his passport. Seems like a bad strategy to cancel a passport when someone is in Russia and has a USB full of secrets and no job...
    He talks about that too in the interview. He was as confused by some of the moves by the US as anyone else and assumed they just panicked and did dumb things. He also spent 40 days in that airport because he said no thanx to the the Russians. US should have allowed him to go to Ecuador and simply scooped him up there easily.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I wouldn't want to live in Russia either. He's clear in the interview he's more than willing to return and stand trial. I'd highly recommend giving that a listen.
    He did absolutely nothing heroic. Russia isn’t THAT bad a place. Methinks his wallet is getting light.

He qualifies it as wanting a sweetheart deal and no chance at life in prison and death penalty off the table.

If he had the nuts and really cared he’d gladly accept the punishment for treason. Therefore he’s a biznitch.

Feedback Score
    He did absolutely nothing heroic. Russia isn’t THAT bad a place. Methinks his wallet is getting light.

He qualifies it as wanting a sweetheart deal and no chance at life in prison and death penalty off the table.

If he had the nuts and really cared he’d gladly accept the punishment for treason. Therefore he’s a biznitch.
    I'm fine with him going to jail, as long as he shares a cell with Clapper...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you're going to allow the Clinton's to get rich selling National secrets, how can you go after Snowden for trying to alert us as to what was being done?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

If his motive had been $, he would have offered it to the commies first as other traitors have. He went through great lengths to make sure it was seen by key media types only. He claims he didn't make a penny, or does he have any support now from the commies, etc. Note we was not on his way to Russia, he was going to another country and they stopped him at the airport. All covered in the interview and quite interesting...He's also said he's told the US gubment he will come back to stand trail under one condition: he get gets to tell a jury why he did it. They have said no due to NS concerns. I think they're saying no because if a jury hears it, they will likely not convict him.

I really recommend listening to that interview as literally everything we have on him is third party.

He did risk life and limb to expose what he thought, and was later confirmed, to be an illegal and unconstitutional act on US Citizens and expected to spend the rest of his days in prison for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The book being published won't cause .gov to change what is going on, so what difference does it make?
    That's not my point actually. But...See below:

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    What difference does any of it make?

Obviously we should all be loyal tax generating robots pulling red and blue levers every few years and supporting our government overlords who should rightly know everything about everything we do while not sharing anything that they do with us.

Beepboop, hail Hyrda.
    Dat...

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    If you're going to allow the Clinton's to get rich selling National secrets, how can you go after Snowden for trying to alert us as to what was being done?
    Cuz they can do what ever they want being self appointed royalty.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-20-19 at 09:27.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast