Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Edward Snowden new book, interview, etc

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Russia never does anything for free. He took an oath. I dare say the US govt has done far far worse in times past but its not an excuse.

I doubt a jury would exonerate him regardless of how he tries to sell it. He crossed borders with illegally acquired information and IIRC some foreign agents working for the US got burned.

I hope a gopnik beats his head in for being a pizdor

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Russia never does anything for free. He took an oath. I dare say the US govt has done far far worse in times past but its not an excuse.

I doubt a jury would exonerate him regardless of how he tries to sell it. He crossed borders with illegally acquired information and IIRC some foreign agents working for the US got burned.

I hope a gopnik beats his head in for being a pizdor
    He took an oath to protect the US from enemies foreign and domestic which according to him, seeing what he saw, felt that's what he was seeing and needed to act. That's discussed in the interview. He also points out one does not take an oath not to share such docs, but do sign NDAs of course. Which of the two takes priority? He also discusses what impact his actions may have had on foreign agents (nadda according to him and his proof for it well worth listening to...) and so on.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe I misunderstood on the book publishing by assuming that was implying maybe not being quite as bad as a typical banana republic.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood on the book publishing by assuming that was implying maybe not being quite as bad as a typical banana republic.
    Yes, and I think even Euro countries like the UK, etc would find a way to prevent such a book from ever getting published.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    where he fled to after he'd done it were wrong.
    Just to be clear, he was fleeing to Ecuador from Hong Kong when during a stopover in Moscow the US cancelled his passport. Seems like a bad strategy to cancel a passport when someone is in Russia and has a USB full of secrets and no job...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Just to be clear, he was fleeing to Ecuador from Hong Kong when during a stopover in Moscow the US cancelled his passport. Seems like a bad strategy to cancel a passport when someone is in Russia and has a USB full of secrets and no job...
    Oof. No. No no no. He had met with Red Chinese. You forget. You need a visa to just go to Russia. It was planned. He can deny but facts are facts.

He may have thought he'd end up in Ecuador but that is youthful fantasy thinking.

Russia isn't that bad. Lots of far worse places to live. I think he knows his days of being tolerated by the Russians are coming to an end which is why he is desperate to get anywhere else. He just doesn't want to own his actions. I'm sure men have died because he wanted to be "smarter" than everyone else.

If you do as Will says and listen to Snowden; you will see he is a weasely, effete Leftist who had given no long term consideration to his actions. He just did whatever.

I hope he is properly sanctioned for his crimes and treason.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    He talks about that too in the interview. He was as confused by some of the moves by the US as anyone else and assumed they just panicked and did dumb things. He also spent 40 days in that airport because he said no thanx to the the Russians. US should have allowed him to go to Ecuador and simply scooped him up there easily.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Oof. No. No no no. He had met with Red Chinese. You forget. You need a visa to just go to Russia. It was planned. He can deny but facts are facts.

He may have thought he'd end up in Ecuador but that is youthful fantasy thinking.

Russia isn't that bad. Lots of far worse places to live. I think he knows his days of being tolerated by the Russians are coming to an end which is why he is desperate to get anywhere else. He just doesn't want to own his actions. I'm sure men have died because he wanted to be "smarter" than everyone else.

If you do as Will says and listen to Snowden; you will see he is a weasely, effete Leftist who had given no long term consideration to his actions. He just did whatever.

I hope he is properly sanctioned for his crimes and treason.

To transfer flights within an international airport?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is it possible for someone to have committed a crime that demands punishment, and simultaneously do something positive for the national awareness of a total disregard of the constitution and our god given rights by our government?

I think so.

Some may be willing to forgive the government its excesses and overreach because techno spies are fighting the oh so scary terrorists(which these data have almost never successfully done,) but my line of thinking falls along the lines of freedom being preferable to absolute security which happens to be a myth anyway.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The country we grew up in, love and honor no longer exists.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast