Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Edward Snowden new book, interview, etc

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Firefly loyally serves the crown.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Firefly loyally serves the crown.
    All these other countries suck though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Bumping this thread vs starting a new one. Snowden on Rogen specifically on how our phones being used to spy on us, etc. No matter where one falls on Snowden, this is worth a listen as it applies to intel on how your phone spies on you:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Bumping this thread vs starting a new one. Snowden on Rogen specifically on how our phones being used to spy on us, etc. No matter where one falls on Snowden, this is worth a listen as it applies to intel on how your phone spies on you:

Listened to the whole thing a couple days ago, and found it very interesting for sure.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    Listened to the whole thing a couple days ago, and found it very interesting for sure.
    Not that there's a whole lot one can really do about it without going through some serious measures, but interesting to be sure. Was also some good info as research for my next novella in the VGS series. Gonna have to mention some of that.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I like to remind people that the people Snowden blew the whistle on in 2013, are the very same people who’ve been running this coup attempt for the past 3 years.

You don’t have to like him, but we have a common enemy and it ain’t Russia.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I thought it was less an interview and more him just making a speech. He came off rather conceited and the whole thing was just promotion for his book. I like Rogan but this was not one of his better podcasts.

You'd have to be a fool to not realize that there's not a retained history in anything you do online or with a connected device. In this day and age where people put their whole lives online on every social media platform so they can get validation from near total strangers, how does any of this surprise anyone?

Historical cell site data isn't a precision locate. Its a phone was connected to this tower on this date and time and the range of the tower is this many thousands of meters. A lot of what he says is alarmist.

To me, it seemed like at the core he was less concerned with the greater good and more about being a special snowflake despite the rhetoric after the fact.
    Last edited by bp7178; 10-26-19 at 16:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    I thought it was less an interview and more him just making a speech. He came off rather conceited and the whole thing was just promotion for his book. I like Rogan but this was not one of his better podcasts.

You'd have to be a fool to not realize that there's not a retained history in anything you do online or with a connected device. In this day and age where people put their whole lives online on every social media platform so they can get validation from near total strangers, how does any of this surprise anyone?

Historical cell site data isn't a precision locate. Its a phone was connected to this tower on this date and time and the range of the tower is this many thousands of meters. A lot of what he says is alarmist.

To me, it seemed like at the core he was less concerned with the greater good and more about being a special snowflake despite the rhetoric after the fact.
    So what is your take on the side of this (as a whole &/or individuals) that he outed?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Regardless of what he exposed...I still see him as a traitor. Call a spade a spade.
    Edward Snowden has a new book out. He was interviewed by NPR and it was well worth a listen/read:

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/19/76191...te-with-russia

When I first heard of him and what he'd done, I considered him a traitor who put people and risk, did so for his own benefits, etc. as the gubment claimed.

After seeing how he went about it, what he divulged, etc, I think his motives were as he claims, and what he divulged unconstitutional and illegal. Does that make him a patriot? He mentioned he took and oath the defend against threats external and internal, and felt the massive spying on US citizens a clear violation of the latter, and acted.

Those who did it for financial gain, self motivated attention seekers, etc, are traitors and should be treated as such.

I may check out his book, and I can't think of another nation that would allow such a book to exist while using NS as a reason to (attempt) to prevent it from seeing the light of day is also what makes the US what it is, warts and all.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don’t need a traitor to tell me this. I can be discussing something with my wife and literally type in 1 letter in Google on my phone and it brings up an entire phrase we were talking about. We have no privacy and it will get worse...but we accept it at the cost of cool and convenience.

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast