Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AR Build Thoughts

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for the responses, good to know on the DD stuff. I will probably switch that out for Magpul products. For those saying dont go with SOINICS, is it because there is something wrong with it or because the one sold by grant is BCM? Because the BCM is also $100 more, for what I havnt been able to find a real difference? If there is an actual meaningful difference other than the brand then please let me know. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I’m absolutely stunned that someone would willingly buy Daniel Defense furniture.

Stunned.
    Well FMRing, we finally agree on something!
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by basykes View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses, good to know on the DD stuff. I will probably switch that out for Magpul products. For those saying dont go with SOINICS, is it because there is something wrong with it or because the one sold by grant is BCM? Because the BCM is also $100 more, for what I havnt been able to find a real difference? If there is an actual meaningful difference other than the brand then please let me know. Thanks!
    No difference other than brand.
    But...if you take the advice, spend a little more for the BCM with A5 system...you have everything you need, and matching. Kinda hard to argue against that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I couldn't have my slutty Colt, my tranny LMT, my Nam era SP1, or my space gnazzie ass Kraut HK....I would just give up on ARs..

Just buy one of them. Just buy one of them and all will be good.

But definitely a Colt though

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If I couldn't have my slutty Colt, my tranny LMT, my Nam era SP1, or my space gnazzie ass Kraut HK....I would just give up on ARs..

lol, well said sir.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

lol, well said sir.

Feedback Score
    SOLGW sells a5 lowers and they are quality as well.

You can get SOLGW A5 lower for not much more than a standard BCM. Both great choices
    Last edited by everready73; 09-21-19 at 10:25.

Feedback Score
    +1 on this

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I’m absolutely stunned that someone would willingly buy Daniel Defense furniture.

Stunned.
    I actually really like the DD grips and use them on most of my rifles. I know nothing about the buttstocks, but they don’t look like I would like them.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Those components look good, except as discussed, swap out the DD furniture for I'd suggest either something Magpul, or I like the BCM Gunfighter stocks as they are tough and well thought-out, and usually a bit lighter than some competing stocks.

As noted, you need a CH, I'd recommend a Radian Raptor, they have a lot of options, I've been the running 2 of the LT (lightweight) versions recently. If you will run suppressed they have a version for that too.

If you care about ambi controls, Sionics can give you an ambi selector, but probably higher end ones would be from B.A.D. or Radian. For the ambi mag catch, I'm partial to the Troy and run it on all my AR's now.

ETA: Forgot to add, +1 to the guys saying you want to run an A5 receiver extension, get VLTOR or BCM. Adds reliability and smoother functioning to the rifle, well worth it, I also run this on every rifle.
    Last edited by maximus83; 09-22-19 at 12:16.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast