G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: AR Build Thoughts

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks everyone for the responses, good to know on the DD stuff. I will probably switch that out for Magpul products. For those saying dont go with SOINICS, is it because there is something wrong with it or because the one sold by grant is BCM? Because the BCM is also $100 more, for what I havnt been able to find a real difference? If there is an actual meaningful difference other than the brand then please let me know. Thanks!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    8,533
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I’m absolutely stunned that someone would willingly buy Daniel Defense furniture.

    Stunned.
    Well FMRing, we finally agree on something!
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

    “You are responsible for your actions, but the world doesn’t turn around you, so it’s important that you find something bigger than yourself to work for, a way for you to make a difference.” - Drew Dix, MOH VN '68

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    671
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by basykes View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses, good to know on the DD stuff. I will probably switch that out for Magpul products. For those saying dont go with SOINICS, is it because there is something wrong with it or because the one sold by grant is BCM? Because the BCM is also $100 more, for what I havnt been able to find a real difference? If there is an actual meaningful difference other than the brand then please let me know. Thanks!
    No difference other than brand.
    But...if you take the advice, spend a little more for the BCM with A5 system...you have everything you need, and matching. Kinda hard to argue against that.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,485
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I couldn't have my slutty Colt, my tranny LMT, my Nam era SP1, or my space gnazzie ass Kraut HK....I would just give up on ARs..

    Just buy one of them. Just buy one of them and all will be good.

    But definitely a Colt though

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    56
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If I couldn't have my slutty Colt, my tranny LMT, my Nam era SP1, or my space gnazzie ass Kraut HK....I would just give up on ARs..

    Just buy one of them. Just buy one of them and all will be good.

    But definitely a Colt though
    lol, well said sir.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    56
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If I couldn't have my slutty Colt, my tranny LMT, my Nam era SP1, or my space gnazzie ass Kraut HK....I would just give up on ARs..

    Just buy one of them. Just buy one of them and all will be good.

    But definitely a Colt though
    lol, well said sir.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    653
    Feedback Score
    0
    SOLGW sells a5 lowers and they are quality as well.

    You can get SOLGW A5 lower for not much more than a standard BCM. Both great choices
    Last edited by everready73; 09-21-19 at 10:25.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    +1 on this

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    1,523
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I’m absolutely stunned that someone would willingly buy Daniel Defense furniture.

    Stunned.
    I actually really like the DD grips and use them on most of my rifles. I know nothing about the buttstocks, but they don’t look like I would like them.
    RLTW

    “That is why there isn't an AK chart.” -SteyrAUG
    “They eat tide pods also so what's your point?” Retrorevolver77

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,828
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Those components look good, except as discussed, swap out the DD furniture for I'd suggest either something Magpul, or I like the BCM Gunfighter stocks as they are tough and well thought-out, and usually a bit lighter than some competing stocks.

    As noted, you need a CH, I'd recommend a Radian Raptor, they have a lot of options, I've been the running 2 of the LT (lightweight) versions recently. If you will run suppressed they have a version for that too.

    If you care about ambi controls, Sionics can give you an ambi selector, but probably higher end ones would be from B.A.D. or Radian. For the ambi mag catch, I'm partial to the Troy and run it on all my AR's now.

    ETA: Forgot to add, +1 to the guys saying you want to run an A5 receiver extension, get VLTOR or BCM. Adds reliability and smoother functioning to the rifle, well worth it, I also run this on every rifle.
    Last edited by maximus83; 09-22-19 at 12:16.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •