Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Build Me An AR Boys!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Build Me An AR Boys!

Or ladies... "building" an AR for me is mating a finished upper with a finished lower, so AR builder I'm not. The AR I want to have built would be general purpose for all things SD/HD/SHTF. It would be as short as legally possible (14.5" ?) but not an SBR. Accuracy "good enough for gubment work" and reliability and robust build the focus. It would be my primary AR, and my Colt 6490 the backup* and budget 1k-$1200 without optics.

Assuming that's enough info to go on, give me a list of what you'd build? It can be down to every part, or "buy X upper and mate with Y lower and be done" I don't care. I'm assuming that's enough $ to get a quality rifle built for that purpose.

What you got?

* What I was able to get in the People's Republic of MA that met the recs that was on hand at the shop during a trade in. I have no complaints, but also recognize it's limitations. Now in FL, I can get more or less what ever I want.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Or ladies... "building" an AR for me is mating a finished upper with a finished lower, so AR builder I'm not. The AR I want to have built would be general purpose for all things SD/HD/SHTF. It would be as short as legally possible (14.5" ?) but not an SBR. Accuracy "good enough for gubment work" and reliability and robust build the focus. It would be my primary AR, and my Colt 6490 the backup* and budget 1k-$1200 without optics.

Assuming that's enough info to go on, give me a list of what you'd build? It can be down to every part, or "buy X upper and mate with Y lower and be done" I don't care. I'm assuming that's enough $ to get a quality rifle built for that purpose.

What you got?

* What I was able to get in the People's Republic of MA that met the recs that was on hand at the shop during a trade in. I have no complaints, but also recognize it's limitations. Now in FL, I can get more or less what ever I want.
    If you want as short as possible without SBR, 13.7 is about as low as you can go. SOLGW offers a nice 13.7 and you can pin a NOX to make it legal. I would just get as complete upper from them with one of their M76 rails which are robust

Since you dont build a lot pair it with one of their complete lowers with A5, or pick up a Sionics gutless lower with the RE, bolt catch, and takedown pins installed. Finish with Larue MBT and ambi safety

Garand Thumb just did a nice review on the Sons 13.7. Trairc is another company that does the 13.7 barrels/uppers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZxC07B2jYY
    Last edited by everready73; 09-20-19 at 11:01.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Centurion CM4 gets you in at $1200. Monty is good peeps. IMHO, best value out there. Add sling and optic; drive on.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Think about a pistol.. BCM 12.5" Kino on a BCM pistol lower with brace from Grant. $1233 with BCG included.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Will, do you plan to put a can on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Will, do you plan to put a can on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A good Q. Not sure, but it I suppose I should at least have that possibility accounted for in such a build.

I'm still pissed the gubment is involved in owning a can, and the prices of cans being so ridiculous considering what they are, etc.

Currently I'm protesting that one,
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I’d lean towards a bcm socom barrel in 14.5” with pinned fh as my first choice. I think their 12.5” kino upper with pistol lower is pretty slick too.

Feedback Score
    I'd say a BCM 14.5 middy.......hard to beat.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    LMT MARS-L complete lower

Colt CCU upper

If you’re adamant to be shorter, I would go with a pinned enhanced lightweight fluted from BCM or a pinned Colt SOCOM 14.5” upper.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Been here for 10 years and can't figure it out yourself?

That's a damn shame...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast