Thread: Can anyone confirm the Noveske flared lowers work with PMAG M3 couplers?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Can anyone confirm the Noveske flared lowers work with PMAG M3 couplers?

I haven't been able to find a photo of this anywhere! I called Noveske and they said they believe so, but I'd really like someone to be able to tell me if there are any practical issues or how much space there is between second mag and flared lower.

I'm 99% certain that Redimag won't work which is fine because I'm not crazy about how it changes pressing the bolt release or mechanics. But I haven't seen how people set their couplers up to see if there are some of the same problems if you mount one mag higher than the other, or if there is a reason to ever do that.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    I haven't been able to find a photo of this anywhere! I called Noveske and they said they believe so, but I'd really like someone to be able to tell me if there are any practical issues or how much space there is between second mag and flared lower.

I'm 99% certain that Redimag won't work which is fine because I'm not crazy about how it changes pressing the bolt release or mechanics. But I haven't seen how people set their couplers up to see if there are some of the same problems if you mount one mag higher than the other, or if there is a reason to ever do that.
    I have both Gen 2 and Gen 3 Noveske lowers. I just verified that both work with the PMag coupler. The PMags are Gen 2 though but I wouldn't see a problem with Gen 3 PMags unless your lower is a Gen 2 that isn't milled out for Gen 3 PMags.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Do you already have the Noveske lower or is this something your considering buying? Both of mine (Gen 2 and recent Gen 1) have stupid tight mag wells to the point of serious inconvenience.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Do you already have the Noveske lower or is this something your considering buying? Both of mine (Gen 2 and recent Gen 1) have stupid tight mag wells to the point of serious inconvenience.
    I have Gen 1, 2, 3 and they all function quite fine. Everything drops free such as GI(Okay,Center,Colt,NHTMG), Lancer, Gen 2&3 PMags. I have a couple GI mags that have been spray painted that are tight in some of my other lowers but drop easily from Gen 2/3 Noveske lowers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've had a GenII (factory cut for PMAG M3) chainsaw for awhile. Considering SBRing it and making it my competition lower, but didn't want to limit myself to not having options of couplers or etc.

The magwell I have now has made a BIG difference in my PCC and 3GUN game, so I think I'd be happy enough with the Noveske lower, but the Radian AX556 has me interested, probably not enough of a magwell flare on it though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    I have both Gen 2 and Gen 3 Noveske lowers. I just verified that both work with the PMag coupler.
    Thank you!

Rough guess on how much room from mag to magwell flare?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post

Rough guess on how much room from mag to magwell flare?
    How about a pic.....

Attachment 59028

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I have Gen 1, 2, 3 and they all function quite fine. Everything drops free such as GI(Okay,Center,Colt,NHTMG), Lancer, Gen 2&3 PMags. I have a couple GI mags that have been spray painted that are tight in some of my other lowers but drop easily from Gen 2/3 Noveske lowers.
    Interesting. Drop free has been a big issue in both of mine. My Gen II was Johnny-era and wouldn’t even work with M3 PMAGs. My Gen I is a 2016-17 production I think and both Lancers and Gen 2 PMAGs won’t drop free at all. M3s are better, but only if the gun is completely parallel when I hit the release. GI mags are usually not as sensitive, but even those have hung up once or twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting. Drop free has been a big issue in both of mine. My Gen II was Johnny-era and wouldn’t even work with M3 PMAGs. My Gen I is a 2016-17 production I think and both Lancers and Gen 2 PMAGs won’t drop free at all. M3s are better, but only if the gun is completely parallel when I hit the release. GI mags are usually not as sensitive, but even those have hung up once or twice.
    I'll make sure I test this before submitting Form1.

How about a pic.....

Attachment 59028
    My man!! Perfect. Yea that'll do. Best I can tell this is the only picture on the internet of an Noveske flared lower with a maglink coupler anyhwere!

As it were... What is the reasoning on mounting them staggered vs even with each other? Because it seems that staggered is (nearly) blocking the slide release/catch and/or left eject if you have it.
    Last edited by Noodles; 10-03-19 at 11:18.