Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Build Me An AR Boys!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Think about a pistol.. BCM 12.5" Kino on a BCM pistol lower with brace from Grant. $1233 with BCG included.
    I did this with a LAW folder, A5 pistol RE and Tailhook brace. it was a badass mother humper. I had to let it go back when money got tight, I wouldn't mind building another one.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Centurion CM4 gets you in at $1200. Monty is good peeps. IMHO, best value out there. Add sling and optic; drive on.
    My recommendation as well. Centurion arms products are top notch and the barrels are stupid accurate. Monty and Corrie are great people.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    https://www.primaryarms.com/lmt-mars...-titanium-grey

The CCU will be on sale for $250 off again at Brownell’s eventually.

Just saying. Get the best lower receiver on the market (assembled via the link above, but available for $250 at the same site) with a Colt/Centurion upper. Checks every box...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If Sionics will install an OFE A5 receiver extension onto a Gutless Lower, then half of your solution has been solved. Add whatever buttstock and grip you prefer, and an MBT, and the lower's done.

I personally don't consider pinning/welding a 14.5" (or shorter) barrel worth the hassle. If I can't get something done with a 16", I highly doubt a 1.5" shorter barrel is going to make any difference.

I paired a Sionics Patrol Three 11.5 w/ RGP upper receiver group with the Gutless Lower assembly, and it's a great carbine. I definitely recommend a lightweight barrel unless you know you'll be abusing it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Hi Will,

I've learned a great deal from your blog and posts here; I'm happy to offer my two cents on your build.

Given your intended use and budget, I usually start by asking what components:
    1) Offer a functional improvement compared to the equivalent on your 6940,
    2) Are a good value, and
    3) Would be troublesome or expensive to upgrade later.

For the lower, I would ask Sionics or SOLGW to build a complete one with the Vltor A5 system. The A5 has some real benefits over carbine buffer systems, doesn't cost much more, and makes sense to add when the lower is built (castle nut staking). Those two companies have solid reputations for quality labor and parts and are willing to customize your lower with the A5.

I would start with a Vltor MUR as the foundation of the upper. A thick-walled upper provides superior stiffness and resistance to kabooms compared to milspec. The MUR is known to be dimensionally correct and will probably work with any in-spec lower. I think Black River Tactical's 16" barrels with extended gas systems are a real improvement to a 16" carbine gassed barrel. With that and the A5H2 buffer, you could run a standard BCG (SOLGW is the cheapest milspec one I've seen) and enjoy smooth and reliable operation. I think that barrel rules out a FSB, so keep that in mind. A low profile gas block and free-floated rail are probably smart choices for the future, anyways.

The rest is up to you. Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    If Sionics will install an OFE A5 receiver extension onto a Gutless Lower, then half of your solution has been solved. Add whatever buttstock and grip you prefer, and an MBT, and the lower's done.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...83#post2611783

SIONICS has some of the very best customer service in the industry. The reason they stopped offering them in the first place was the hit and miss availability.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I personally don't consider pinning/welding a 14.5" (or shorter) barrel worth the hassle. If I can't get something done with a 16", I highly doubt a 1.5" shorter barrel is going to make any difference.
    The reality is a 16" barrel with a A2 FH is just 1" longer than than a 14.5 with A2X FH, not much of a difference. If I'm using a 14.5" barrel there is a very specific reason for it.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 09-20-19 at 16:39.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Sharing is caring:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?217870-Colt-upper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Sharing is caring:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?217870-Colt-upper
    This is certainly a valid option. Thanks to Brownells, Arms Unlimited, and wherever I sourced the SL-S and MIAD, I assembled a 6960 (minus the ambi safety) for a very wallet friendly price.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Considering the direction Colt is going, is that really a good choice right now? I looked around on line and seemed Colt products costs sharply going up due to recent news. At least my short look around seemed like Colt uppers where more $ than I remembered. As I have a Colt, and things very fluid with that company currently, I don't think Colt is the best option. Correct me wrong as needed.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Considering the direction Colt is going, is that really a good choice right now? I looked around on line and seemed Colt products costs sharply going up due to recent news. At least my short look around seemed like Colt uppers where more $ than I remembered. As I have a Colt, and things very fluid with that company currently, I don't think Colt is the best option. Correct me wrong as needed.
    How is current Colt pricing related to the purchase of a Colt upper from a private seller?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast