Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need your help for a M4 clone build!

Feedback Score

I need your help for a M4 clone build!

I am in the process of building an M4 MWS clone, ad you may know for previous questions i posted on the forum. I have a colt 6921, a Florida 2007 made KAC rail with vfg and panels, matech surplus BUIS, an aimpoint comp M2, a silent sling and a M3x light. I am still missing the Mount for the aimpoint. I am looking for a QRP1 Mount and here is my question. I found a nice like new QRP1 Mount here in Italy and the owner bought it with is COMPML. It is the older model of the QRP1, the one with the flat, non tapered base.
    1) is this Mount used only with COMPM and ML as it seems looking at issued aimpoints for sale here and there (I have found COMP M2's only with the tapered model and COMP M and ML's with the flat base model)?
    2) I'm not too interested in having a 100% correct clone. If the answer to the first question is yes, there is any big functional difference between the 2 models of the QRP1 mount?
    3) are there different colorations od the QRP1 mount in its flat base version? The one i found for sale here in Italy seems less glossy than what i usually see in military surplus sales!

Thank you very much guys

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It’s only a clone if it’s 100% correct. Anything else is a homage.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    And if you don't have a FA lower, it'll never be correct.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Never understood the kinda like thing either. If it ain't real it can only be sorta like the real thing.

Feedback Score
    I don't care about correctness at all. My question is only related to the fact that i don't want a less efficient mount. If you say that the flat base model was improved to the tapered one in order to adress a problem or to improve the Mount significantly, i'll pass on that one and i Will bit another mount. I asked about the color just to be sure it wasn't fake and i asked about the correctness just to be sure that, even after the tapered base model came out and when the new optic came out (the Comp M2), the Mount was still in use (still considered usable for military service/not considered obsolete). I don't care about correctness, in fact i'll keep the light detached from the rifle most of the time, i'll use the rifle extensively and i won't buy any peq module.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    And if you don't have a FA lower, it'll never be correct.
    I don't care about FA capability, it would be cool but i don't feel it is necessary for me. The Colt 6921 is basically an m4 with a semiauto trigger, that's what most people Call an "M4 clone", id equipped with the right stuff. That said, again, i don't care about having a "clone correct" gun at all, i just wanted to know if the flat base qrp1 mount was changed in the same moment the M2 was issued or later, since the M2 technology is already a bit outdated, using an even more outdated mount wouldn't be ok for my build.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssimo View Post
    I don't care about FA capability, it would be cool but i don't feel it is necessary for me. The Colt 6921 is basically an m4 with a semiauto trigger, that's what most people Call an "M4 clone", id equipped with the right stuff. That said, again, i don't care about having a "clone correct" gun at all, i just wanted to know if the flat base qrp1 mount was changed in the same moment the M2 was issued or later, since the M2 technology is already a bit outdated, using an even more outdated mount wouldn't be ok for my build.
    All our m68 cco came with the qrp mount like this with the spacer. This was when we transitioned from the m16 to the m4 and then the sopmod block 1. This was in the mid 90s when I was still with the 505th

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    All our m68 cco came with the qrp mount like this with the spacer. This was when we transitioned from the m16 to the m4 and then the sopmod block 1. This was in the mid 90s when I was still with the 505th

Thank you for the informations! So when comp m2 where adopted all the mounts where the tapered base model like the one you posted? Have you ever seen a comp M2 on a flat top base?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssimo View Post
    Thank you for the informations! So when comp m2 where adopted all the mounts where the tapered base model like the one you posted? Have you ever seen a comp M2 on a flat top base?
    As far as I know these were the only mounts issued in the Army unless units procured Cantilever from LaRue. Not saying that its not possible for a unit to use a different mount as there were special units such as the navy designated it the ecos-n and used a straight mount and not the qrp like the army did.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    As far as I know these were the only mounts issued in the Army unless units procured Cantilever from LaRue. Not saying that its not possible for a unit to use a different mount as there were special units such as the navy designated it the ecos-n and used a straight mount and not the qrp like the army did.
    And did someone use the older flat models after the comp M2 was adopted?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast